Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/24/2004 9:46:52 AM EST
Since the end of the AWB, what companies are back in business of manufacturing a (full-size, full-weight) AR15 pistols. I recently emailed BUSHMASTER, they have no intentions of reintroducing the ARM pistol.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:24:57 PM EST
Just wait a while. You'll prob see some in a few more months. (Heck, all depends on the election. If sKerry makes it, I'm getting a few more stripped lowers and making some.)

You can always build one. Get a pistol lower from CMMG or a Mega lower and get a Model 1 Kit....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:32:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2004 3:33:05 PM EST by Combat_Jack]
OAI is bringing back the OA93 pistol.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:37:25 PM EST
I was aware Oly had the 0A98 (very short barrel, lightening holes) and OA93 is to be re-introduced (short barrel-want longer).

Model 1 has many commercial parts not up to Mil-Spec standards. Gunsmoke Enterprises in producing a former model. But, I don't know anything about this company.

Problem is many AR pistols had functioning problems with the expection of Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:40:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
OAI is bringing back the OA93 pistol.

!!already back!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:44:26 PM EST
Why not build your own?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:56:06 PM EST
I'm not into reasearch and development - very little free time ... would prefer for someone else to de-bug equipment or tools that I purchase. Moreover, I don't have a proper workshop or sufficent tools. My new (2nd wife) is (how shall I say this) very frugal. And I want to keep her- Have you seen the moive CHEAPER TO KEEP HER.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:35:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By aom:
I was aware Oly had the 0A98 (very short barrel, lightening holes) and OA93 is to be re-introduced (short barrel-want longer).
Problem is many AR pistols had functioning problems with the expection of Bushmaster.

Note that the Olympic version has run very well. I haev put the uppers onto machien guns and they go just as well.

You can buy the Oly and it wil be fine (speaking from a LOT of experience with them).

mark
buda@TripleBreakProducts.com
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:34:56 AM EST
If the barrel was a little longer on the Oly pistol upper, say 8-9", I'd get it. Keep the handguard the same, just lengthen barrel.

If they made a 9mm I think I would get it. I'm hoping they make a 30 Carbine pistol upper.... if not, I'll have to take the matter into my own hands.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:44:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kaliburz:
If the barrel was a little longer on the Oly pistol upper, say 8-9", I'd get it. Keep the handguard the same, just lengthen barrel.

If they made a 9mm I think I would get it. I'm hoping they make a 30 Carbine pistol upper.... if not, I'll have to take the matter into my own hands.

Kaliburz, talk to Mark Budan at Triple Break. I just emailed him yesterday and he said he could get 9mm uppers with shorter (8" or so) barrels.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:57:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dawg180:

Originally Posted By Kaliburz:

Kaliburz, talk to Mark Budan at Triple Break. I just emailed him yesterday and he said he could get 9mm uppers with shorter (8" or so) barrels.

Whose the manufacture? Does it have the olympic system?
Top Top