Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2005 10:53:03 AM EDT
www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=13

Been lookin at this kit for the last couple of days and granted it doesn't come with a lower this is a fair bit lower then the ABCD AR-15's.  Is this kit just as good as a bushmaster Varmiter?  Will the accuracy be the same.

I always figure you get what you pay for in the end also.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I've put a few of these kits together from M&A and have had no problem with them or with their accuracy.  9 times out of 10......the gun will shoot better than the guy pulling the trigger can.  The parts in the kits that i've gotten have all fit just fine.......i have heard through the grapevine here on the boards of some problems but, I've never experienced any myself.  It's worth the savings as far as I'm concerned and the people that I've built these kits for have all been extremely happy with the guns.  Good luck and happy shooting.......i hope this has helped you some.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should mention this. I'm heading out to the gun show up here in Milwaukee this weekend to pickup a varminter kit from M&A. I have made multiple large purchases with them in the past with ZERO problems. I already realize that I'll probably spend $200 more for the parts overall than just buying a completed Bushy but I figure I'm spending $200 for the pleasure of putting it together myself.

Please post back if you go with the M&A kit. I'd love to know how you made out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 20 inch kit and have had no problems with it. It shoots great.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put together my M&A kit today - a 16" CAR. I'm very happy with the kit as far as fit and quality. I still need to shoot it.

This is my first AR (after having carried them or their variants for the past 20 yearshug.gif ) and it took me about an hour to put it all together. I was going slow to savor the excitement!

Coincidentally, this is also my first post on AR15.com.

I put the kit together with the tacked instructions for doing so, and a Lyman set of roll pin punches and regular punches from Midway. That, some masking tape, and a small mallet and I was done.

My next one will be a 20" varminter, and I will order it from M&A. Good selection, good prices, good quality and most importantly, good customer service and rapid delivery.

Regards,
Scotty
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, picked up my 24" varminter today at the local gun show. I'll post pics when I have it assembled to my RRA lower.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Shazam !

I call this one "Ma Bell". For those youger members of the board, it means to reach out and touch someone h
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/Zadvark/Gun3b.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/Zadvark/Gun3a.jpg
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:17:11 AM EDT
[#8]
What trigger assembly did you get with it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What trigger assembly did you get with it?

Oops, good question. I instantly upgraded to the RRA 2-Stage for $80. I then diamond honed the engagement areas and hit'em with moly. On the whole, the weapong functions great and should go BANG when I get it out to the range.

You may want to hit the local hardware store and pickup 1500+ crocus cloth to help even out the look of the barrel. Regardless of manufacturer it always seems like a hit or miss on the looks of the exposed SS barrel.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top