Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 6:36:20 PM EDT
I was looking at the M&A Parts website.  Has anyone used one of their 9mm parts kit?  How was the quality?  They are listing all parts including the mag block for $750 I think it was.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this for a Colt style setup? Just curious. BobK
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It does not mention Colt or Oly.  I believe it must be Colt.  Because if you get one mag included with the kit the price jumps up another 50 or 75 dollars I think.  I ve always wanted a 9mm AR, and I'm trying to figure out a cost effective way to get a reliable one.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Model 1 sells a complete 9mm kit for $650 with mag block and Sten mag.  They are nice.  We have used a few in our torture tests of the Tommy15...
[url]www.tommy15.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I just checked the Model 1 web site. I saw no metion of a 9mm kit. Does any one have more info on that?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
yes, they have them and they come with a sten mag, mag block with a fixed but removable ejector.  A2 or flat top config, pre or post ban.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I emailed Model One, and their shipping department replied saying that they no longer stock the magazine blocks for STEN mags.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
At the risk of getting kicked off the board...

Go to Gunbroker.com and search for Vulcan arms 9mm .

They're supposedly junk, but the dealer that transferred my Oly 9mm sells them. When I called him about my transfer, he tried to sell me one, too. I'm assuming you could get an upper from them through Atlantic Firearms. Not to say that you SHOULD.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not shop from Adco.  RRA parts, cheap and you should be able to get what you need for less than $600.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, my .02 cents on this. Unless your gonna build something special like a short barrelled upper etc why not buy a complete gun like the Oly. You'll probably spend as much or more atleast the Oly has a warrantee. If you like to tinker and I have nothing against kits go for whatever you budget will allow. The object is to have fun!!! BobK
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top