Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:29:57 PM EDT
She is a beaut with trhe 11.5 barrel and 5.5 suppresor. She has NOT seen much conversation!
A pic will be posted .
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
No such thing as a preban anymore unless you live in a state that has their own ban.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope you didn't get that 'preban' recently and pay $1600 for it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a pre-post-noban Bushy and no one talks to it!!  er, I think...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#5]
was 800 too much. The gun is like nib. 11.5 barrel with 5.5 supressor. 2 pos stock. This gun is like new. You have to look carful at the bolt to know its been fired. There are no new bushy being produced like this today that Ive seen. and btw. preban is still just that and will command a premium in regulated states. Common post bans will not. Note- I am not stating facts as they arent apparent yet, just what Ive understood and by the way-I have had an offer for 300 more than I payed, anyone else getting these offers on Olympic or even RRA? Sorry guys dont mean to sound like ive written, just that Ive had only very positive reactions to my investment
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm the Bushmaster!!!!hought
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
was 800 too much. The gun is like nib. 11.5 barrel with 5.5 supressor. 2 pos stock. This gun is like new. You have to look carful at the bolt to know its been fired. There are no new bushy being produced like this today that Ive seen. and btw. preban is still just that and will command a premium in regulated states. Common post bans will not. Note- I am not stating facts as they arent apparent yet, just what Ive understood and by the way-I have had an offer for 300 more than I payed, anyone else getting these offers on Olympic or even RRA? Sorry guys dont mean to sound like ive written, just that Ive had only very positive reactions to my investment

LOL

Browse around this site a little, you may find that members here are trading their "prebans" to regulated states for new receivers.  You could easily build a Bushy with 11.5 barrel and 5.5 FS (but why would you want to).
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]
cool
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
i just traded an Oly 'preban' lower to 2 bushmaster lowers.  there's nothing special about a 'preban' bushmaster anymore.  now it's just old.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i just traded an Oly 'preban' lower to 2 bushmaster lowers.  there's nothing special about a 'preban' bushmaster anymore.  now it's just old.

Yeah, it's so old, you can trade one for two.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=6066380
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok I can admit I may have found a better deal. But thats just it-i found plenty better deals but no rifle I liked. This gun is shorter than my arm. Its borderline LEO. Believe me I AM a serious shopper. For the quality  i got I dont see myself as having lost worse than a 9% tops and I go by the numbers. Why then have I already had several offers all of which are above 10% of my cost-on a USED gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ok I can admit I may have found a better deal. But thats just it-i found plenty better deals but no rifle I liked. This gun is shorter than my arm. Its borderline LEO. Believe me I AM a serious shopper. For the quality  i got I dont see myself as having lost worse than a 9% tops and I go by the numbers. Why then have I already had several offers all of which are above 10% of my cost-on a USED gun.

It's no shorted than a 14.5" barreled AR with permanently affixed FS.  You lose an incredibly amount of ballistic performance for that 11.5" commando look.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I understand. Why then was the commando look made? Of course you are very right regarding ballistics but then what is my job? Sorry, not trying to be facesous. Comfort of performance is always an issue. I can also very honestly say that I have proven to the disbelief of others just what the average gun can do with the right karma. Im sure one understands the second intuitive sense that comes from bonding to ANY particular weapon. Understandable not a norm but all the same a fact for many. Preban, postban yada yada agreed but there still are some issued firearms with very attractive qualities. Sales is my life. To understand it is to be involved
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Bonding?...are you high?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow..

What the heck is going on around here?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Am I saying anything thats untrue?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok I feel the need to qualify my statements. NOT. Im just a more profound reflector than your average, but I function great and with lots of fun and no I AM NOT HIGH-thats an unnecessity if you do it right
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I understand. Why then was the commando look made? Of course you are very right regarding ballistics but then what is my job? Sorry, not trying to be facesous. Comfort of performance is always an issue. I can also very honestly say that I have proven to the disbelief of others just what the average gun can do with the right karma. Im sure one understands the second intuitive sense that comes from bonding to ANY particular weapon. Understandable not a norm but all the same a fact for many. Preban, postban yada yada agreed but there still are some issued firearms with very attractive qualities. Sales is my life. To understand it is to be involved

So where can I get some of this karma that extends the effective fragmentation range of a 5.56 NATO round fired from an 11.5" barrel?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#20]
So where can I get some of this karma that extends the effective fragmentation range of a 5.56 NATO round fired from an 11.5" barrel?

Its free. Ive got plenty to offer. Just need a release for incase yous all get out of handhips.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#21]
  <-----   Closest thing I could find to a stoner smiley.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#22]
hehe, people say Im nuts, but there always around. Whats a stoner?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they are old.  where i live it's just another lower, nothing special.  right now they're still worth something to people in AWB states though.  i'm estimating that a lot of the former 'preban' stuff will soon flood to these states as that is the only place where they still have value beyond a normal unban lower.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i just traded an Oly 'preban' lower to 2 bushmaster lowers. here

they are old.  where i live it's just another lower, nothing special.  right now they're still worth something to people in AWB states though.  i'm estimating that a lot of the former 'preban' stuff will soon flood to these states as that is the only place where they still have value beyond a normal unban lower.

Thats exactly right. I believe in investing only in something with a marginal profitable resale value in catagories such as this. If I place a preban side to side with anyone elses post issue in NEW YORK(home to 16,000,000+ during the day). What are the opptions. Again just being matter of fact and I intend no arguement. BTW i was raised in the east coast;)
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
was 800 too much.

Yes.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Claiming that a "pre-ban" receiver is old and nothing special while in the same statement claiming that you traded one old, nothing special, "pre-ban" receiver for two new receivers defies logic.

The fact that you can trade one for two demonstrates that "pre-ban" receivers may be old but they are in fact still special, to someone.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
was 800 too much.

Yes.

SGatr15

hmm, I am new to this. But I can still return my investment for a profit. But I dont want to. I saw nothig close to my desires even up to the 1300 range. But i wouldnt be at this board if i didnt value the advice. I want so much to post a pic but my website is down. Can anyone help
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
was 800 too much.

Yes.

SGatr15

Bro, youve got to have more to ya to say than just that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:18:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i just traded an Oly 'preban' lower to 2 bushmaster lowers. here

Claiming that a "pre-ban" receiver is old and nothing special while in the same statement claiming that you traded one old, nothing special, "pre-ban" receiver for two new receivers defies logic.

The fact that you can trade one for two demonstrates that "pre-ban" receivers may be old but they are in fact still special, to someone.

this man is simply relating fact I dont disagree that stabilization will occur, and probably rapidly, but how can anyone argue that there is some relative higher value for whatever time it allows.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:11:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
was 800 too much.

Yes.

SGatr15

Bro, youve got to have more to ya to say than just that.

Nope.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:35:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Its free. Ive got plenty to offer. Just need a release for incase yous all get out of hand
And on fragmentation-very significant, but not essential for a kill. I make no great disclaimores
just experience and relationships.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#32]
If you're unwilling to sell it, then it's not a wise investment.  The same arguement is used to discourage purchasing of NFA for "investment purposes".
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Where is everyone buying their complete gun or set for 699.00?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

also this is a quote, not my words:)
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#34]
You can get pretty close to that here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Thats neither a CAR nor Carbine. The look and feel I want is shorty XM which I got. NONE of the newer issues by Bushmaster met my protocol.

Aside-why are so many asking me about mine when there are all these newer models available
Also shes HBAR 1/9 Again i dont mean to create any hostility. Do better get better, well in my pic a 66 convert mustang is not a 67 fastback. Yeah they both burn regular, and certainly a newer Mach 1 isnt in my list of preferences. My point simply beng that anything with some relative uniqueness is in my book desireable. I couldnt apply this comment to all weapons. Thats all Im saying. Again feedback on the issue has been positive. Of course not everyone wil have the same value ethics, but whats not made anymore...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top