Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:23:47 PM EDT
I have a Colt H-Bar twenty inch with a flat top receiver. It's a pre-ban gun with flash suppresser and full stock. I've added a ARMS swan sleeve to the top and ARMS quick detach rings to hold a Leupold 3x9x40 Tactical scope. Other than a Harris bipod and Surefire replacement handguards ( I hate the idea of a long gun without a light and it was just laying around the garage) the gun is bone stock.

Here's the deal... I've been looking at the military's SPR and drooling at PRI's web page...

I'm thinking about loosing the Surefire, changing the barrel..?, free float tube..?, lay down front sight or plain gas block..?, 20 inch LMT monolithic..??? lots of cool ideas....!

I love the look of the SPR but I've been told I can't buy the type of suppresor that matches up with the barrel and I plan to get one soon for my M4 (thinking on Surefire, Gemtech, Or Knight) so that's a turn off for doing an exact replica of the SPR...

Who has suggestions for a long range gun and ammunition setup..????
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If it was my gun...

-- Daniel Defense/Larue Tactical 12" Free Float Rail
-- Larue Low Profile gas block.
-- White Oak Tuned RRA Match Trigger (Adco)

Now, the barrel... if your going SPR, get the John Noveske 18" SPR... its like $375 BUT, its insanely accurate. MSTN (a dealer) was getting sub-MOA groups with the TWELVE incher.

As far as ammo goes, just buy one of everything blackhills makes in the 60+ grain area and see what your gun likes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
dennysguns recon bbl.
nightforce
larue tactical gear
cmc two stage
magpul stock
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I was strongly considering the Magpul adjustable stock it seems really nice..

I looked at a Chip Mcormick drop in trigger system at a local gun show... I like the idea of a complete unit like that but what are some other options to get a good trigger that 100% reliable..?

Thanks for the SPR barrel suggestion.. I've heard the White Oak's are tough to beat... I'm not dead set on a length but it's between 18" and 20" so I'll go with whichever is the most accurate.

What are the options I'm forgetting..????  Any advantage to the pistol grips that support the bottom of the hand like HK PSG-1 grip..??
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top