Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/3/2003 4:08:23 AM EST
I have a RRA lower I want to use a Colt block in and have it permanently pinned in place. Is there anyone out there who offers a service like this?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:19:16 AM EST
Why go with the colt block? I just got in a GARRISON block. It slips in from the top. If you use a 9mm bolt open and colt mags the bolt stays open. No mods to the lower (as in holes) Once installed the block does not move. The upper holds it down so it can not slid up and it is not coming down. CHARLES
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:15:06 PM EST
Well, that's groovy, but I still want it *permanently* installed. And, do you know where to get the Garrison block?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:20:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2003 6:21:45 AM EST by DrugRunR]
www.garrisonmfginc.com Garrison Mfg. Inc. P.O. Box 231 Wauseon, OH 43567 1-419-392-2542 Email Garrisonmfginc@aol.com they don't have the block on the site, or they didn't but you can see pictures of it here [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=173301[/url] In that thread is the link to the FOR SALE ad they posted on the board. FYI, the block was a TIGHT fit on my lower. So tight that I would call it permanent. I had to take a brass punch and tap it in and tap it out. But then I was using a cast PWA preban lower. The forged ones it is easier.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:15:53 PM EST
Some may bark at this idea, but you could try calling Colt and see if they would do it for you. They have the fixture for drilling them.
Top Top