Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 11:10:31 AM EDT
I tried a search but to no avail.

Has anyone used this ammo and with what results? It is reloaded from once fired military brass with a 55 gr. FMJ bullet.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
There used to be some reliability issues in the past, but a bunch of us just completed a group buy on MCC ammo and it works as SS109 should, wonderfully.  Also included in the group buy was some 308 AP ammo, and 308 match ammo.

I also feel comfortable in speaking for the entire AR15.com community in saying that MCC has the absolute worst customer service and communication skills conceivable.  I mean, even Coal Creek Armory would say these guys were horrible at fulfilling their contract.  QuietShoez himself would gawk at their ethics.  MCC is in my opinion a royal pain in the ass and although I think their ammo is fine, their owner and operator is a dub.

If you find some MCC ammo at the local store, fine.  It'll work as it should, the quality of the ammo itself is good.  But lord help ya if you want to talk to the yahoo that runs the joint.

That is all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I was going through the ammunitionstore.com. $136 per case seemed like a good price if it is good ammo.

Thanks, any more comments are welcome.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As Hokie said, it used to have some major problems.

I haven't touched it since then.

However, if Hokie says their latest is much better, then I trust his judgement.

Can you buy in small quantities to make sure you're getting the newer stuff?

That's sound logic whenever you're thinking of buying bulk ammo.  Always try a couple mags worth first, if you can.

ETA: Brouhaha brought up a great point, check the date on that ammo....make sure it's recent.  How recent?  I don't know truth be told.  Rumor has it there was some bad batches awhile ago.  Personally I'd keep it simple go visit Ammoman.com.....

If it's there, it's good.  No worries.  Not to discredit MCC's ammo, again, my batch of MCC SS109 works fine, no issues.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
 I got some ss109 from the group nightmare, eh... buy, that went thru here at AR-15.com.
 The ammo has been good so far, shot up 50 rounds so far.
 As far as MCC, they appear to be right up there with Botach for instilling confidence in their customers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Hokie, could I shoot up to MCC and buy a couple cases?  Or are they order only?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Brother heed my advice and do not go up there.  You'll have a better time and experience saving your gas money and ordering either from your local FFL or www.ammoman.com.

You can pay him a visit assuming he's home, he's a one man outfit.  Doug (from the group buy) paid him a few visits trying to track down ammo we were all promised but never recieved.  Good luck to you, but I'd honestly go elsewhere, save your gas money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
+1000 on everything Hokie has said so far... the only thing I got out of that group buy was my money back which in the end was fine with me....felt bad for the guy who put it together as he went above and beyond the call...I'll NEVER get involved with any group buy when comes to dealing with MCC

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brother heed my advice and do not go up there.  You'll have a better time and experience saving your gas money and ordering either from your local FFL or www.ammoman.com.

You can pay him a visit assuming he's home, he's a one man outfit.  Doug (from the group buy) paid him a few visits trying to track down ammo we were all promised but never recieved.  Good luck to you, but I'd honestly go elsewhere, save your gas money.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top