Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 10:13:54 PM EDT
Do I need to use any specific carrier to ship a stripper lower receiver to John Norrell Arms (for refinishing), or is USPS ok?

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#1]
USPS should be ok. You are not required to be a FFL to send off your weapon to a manufacturer for repair.

Karl
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:39:24 AM EDT
[#2]
USPS Priority works great...

[url]www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm[/url]

(B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U. S. Postal Service? [Back]

A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Leelaw, *please* post a pic of the lower after you get it back?   I'm considering Norell's also.   What color are you going with?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I am going for the late Colt flat black, to try to match my Bushmaster upper (they said it would be close) I am doing this on my FAB-10, which has a gloss black powder coat. I'll be sure to post pictures - remind me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I had him do my pre ban Oly.. You WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!! I picked his flat black, used ups to ship to Little Rock and he shipped back to Omaha the same way. You can use any lube, degreaser or whatever you clean with  without a problem.. That finish is tough stuff!!  John  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top