Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 4:16:11 PM EDT by Mr10anahaf]
I'm looking for a grip that attaches to the magwell to give you a bit more to hold onto. I thought theses existed but I googled around and can't find one. I have a vertical grip and have it as far back on the rail as I can, however I often find myself gabbing the magwell when aiming w/o using my Eotech. Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I imagining things? Also if any has used one tell me about it.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:36:44 PM EDT
You might try some of the rubber decal grip sheets for polymer frame pistols and cut them to shape.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:41:43 PM EDT
I saw a pic where someone had cut a bike inner tube, removed the trigger guard from the AR and slid it on the mag well.

One piece of rubber wrapped around the mag well.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:53:30 PM EDT
Arredondo Mag well maybe?I think thats how it is spelled.
It looks to be a slip on deal that makes a big mag funnel on an AR.
They make shotgun speed loaders and mag extensions for high cap pistol mags.
3gun type stuff.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:55:15 PM EDT
I like the idea of the "home made" grips, however just so that I can put my mind at ease I would still like to know if an actual grip exists.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:40:47 PM EDT
Mega lowers have a gator-grip (texture) built into the lower/magwell itself...

TS
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:49:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TigerStripe:

TS

That is the only thing I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:51:27 PM EDT
some company makes a polymer grip that attatches to the mag (I forgot what company)
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:14:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TigerStripe:

TS

how does that work for you? I suppose I could replicate that somehow and it would be more permanent than the skate board tape/innertube mentioned above. While I have no idea how to do this I have heard a lot of the 1911 guys talking about adding texture to there pistols DPI or something. Would that work on an AR lower? Also can you post or send me a pic of your lower?

Definitely not interested in something that clips to the mag.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:48:11 PM EDT
I have seen one in a picture but can't remember where I saw it.

Could have been Cheaper-than-dirt or Bownell's ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:59:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NRA2:
I have seen one in a picture but can't remember where I saw it.

Could have been Cheaper-than-dirt or Bownell's ?

Cheaper than dirt has one that connects to the mag, I think it's first samco or something. That is not what I was looking for.

The thing I thought I saw clipped on to the mag well it self. However there was something mentioned about a lower that comes with some sort of stippling already on the front section of the lower. Now I'm curious because I would like to add something like this to my lower, I have heard some talk on the 1911 boards about guys adding DPI, stippling ?to their grips using files, I don't know if I got the jest of what they were saying, does anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:21:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hellhound:
I saw a pic where someone had cut a bike inner tube, removed the trigger guard from the AR and slid it on the mag well.

One piece of rubber wrapped around the mag well.

I saw that too. It may have been in that "cheap but valuable tricks?" thread that was around a couple of months ago? Or maybe one of the pic threads....I'm not sure but I know I've seen that too.
Top Top