Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 1:48:39 PM EDT
 I dont know how many different ones there are out there but what is everyones opinion on the floorplate covers or replacements?
 I was thinking of the magpuls just to cushion the bottom of the mag if it were dropped on the range, etc.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a lot has to do with what you are doing with your AR.  I bought a few Magpuls and a few Plates, but mostly I run naked mags.  Were I in some form of training, needing to pull mags from a pouch, I might opt for something on all of my mags.  Of course, I'm not doing that and can afford to let my mags feel the breeze.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Magpuls because I can feel which end goes in the rifle. I watched a guy repeatedly try to load an upside magazine into his weapon 4 times under stress. I want tactile feedback when I'm reloading and trying to keep my eyes on a target. BSW
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Ranger plates.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Currently I'm running nothing on my mags.  I'm going to pick up some ranger plates for the AR soon though.  I'd like to see how much better they are.  Ideally, I'd like to stick with the plain mags, they are simpler, and less expensive.  I'm also going to look into some classic magpuls for the M1A.  I'm thinking about how much easier they will be to pull out of my back pocket.

Brian
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I use ranger plates on my usgi mags, and magpuls on my thermolds.
i have a few with out ranger plates that I keep in the usgi mag pouches, the plates are too tight in the usgi pouch
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]
stripped 550 cord with a plastic "zip" tie inside to keep a positive loop in it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#7]
All that crap is silly nonsense for the internut commandouche crowd to waste their money on!

I had some moron reply that the followers won't tilt when you stick rulers/screwdrivers or other inappropriate objects into the mag!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top