Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/23/2005 11:54:37 AM EDT
A knock on the door a few hours ago set the wheels in motion...I've waited a LONG time for this day and it has arrived!!!   The new Magpul pre-production PRS stock ARRIVED!!

I can tell you first off, that the stock "feels good" when I'm behind it prone!! I have been precision shooting since 1994 and I have NOT seen a stock feel this good except for the McMillan line for bolt guns. The McMillan A4 stock comes to mind when I'm behind this PRS! My left hand (I'm a righty shooter) fits snug and effective as I push the stock into my shoulder. FINALLY NO neck pain when I check-weld a NVD sniper scope at extended durations with an AR!!  I layed behind the rifle for an hour straight this morning and while employing my Raptor or D-760, the adjustable cheek-weld is the MOST WELCOMED possession for the AR type platform!!  Leave it up to Magpul AGAIN to remind me of the "why didn't I think of that" syndrome!  Of course the proof is in the shooting, and I will be putting the stock through its paces over the weekend and throughout next week as well with SEVERAL of my LE agency boys. This is going to be a big hit!!  

More to follow with a shooting report, but I thought I'd post a few pics of the PRS along with Wes's (MSTN's) wonderful 600M night time tack driver 6.8 SPC that was custom built for me earlier this year!

In closing, I have FINALLY achieved a PERFECT MATCH!!!  This does NOT happen all that often in the firearm industry folks.  Well done Magpul and thank you for the opportunity to test such a fine piece of gear!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagging for the updates!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
how did you get one?

where did you get it? straight from magpul?

man i want one bad
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
sexiest...butt...ever...

MN
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
how did you get one?

where did you get it? straight from magpul?

man i want one bad

Magpul is sending the first 200-300 PRS's out (as single samples) to dealers, trainers and for testing by government agencies.

I forgot to mention in the post above that install time was a minute an a half with the PRS.  Removed the old screw and original A2 stock along with the spacer (not needed) and simply slipped on the new PRS over the buffer tube and tightend with a new supplied screw from Magpul and done!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag

That's a nice stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Will this work on mt AR-10T?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Tagged!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]
When are they going to produce the modular one that can be used with the Magpul buffer tube that comes with the 92/93 stocks?

That's the reason I went with Magpul over the others, for their modularity.  But if there are no other components, then I guess it really isn't modular, is it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Will this work on mt AR-10T?

I believe you need two different parts that they will supply if you tell them you are using it on an AR10.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]
The M95 is still somewhat out. Magpul...bless their souls...is working flat out to crank the PRS into production and then will be picking up the M93 again. Cheek risers etc.

In a short space of time they've cranked out a raft of winners. They've had torubles like veryone else but they have worked thorugh to give us great product. Second to none.
M93 MSS
MIAD
tan followers
PRS
etc.

My guns are covered in their gear. They're a little company that does a lot. Kudos to them.

Simon
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Ditto Simontan...   Probably the only good thing to ever come ou t of Boulder CO.    
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Mork and Mindy.

The flame of resistance and free enterprise burns deep in the heart of the People's Republic.

Support it by buying their stuff.

Simon
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
sexiest...butt...ever...

MN

+1
its all bout the ass
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ditto Simontan...   Probably the only good thing to ever come ou t of Boulder CO.    

+1
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#21]
This is just one more thing for me to save my pennies for.  I LOVE, yet hate Magpul all at the same time...why do they have to produce such incredible hardware?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#22]
In the magpul industry forum magpul has said that this is the PRS, not the M95. The M95 will still be produced and it will slip on to the MSS buffer tube. The PRS was produced for a different application.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Tis a Thing a Beauty
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:30:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Very Nice!!

HOw much do I have to try to save up this time?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:38:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Taggarrific!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Awesome Stock!
I like it, when will there be  group buy?
The kids need new shoes, so the old man has to skimp and save.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Will work well on a SPR.

Weight??
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the stock and the scope.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#30]
tag
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I think I just went in my pants!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#33]
wooooooo
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Thought I would add a few more pics with my second PRS just mounted.  Shown is an early SPR from Wes (MSTN) and Dave (PRI) that was built for us. The PRS's LOP adj. REALLY comes in handy on this particuliar platform along with the cheek rest when I need to use the Doc Op.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Aside from learning the price, I'd also like to know if anyone manufactures a push-button QD sling adapter that is capable of mounting to the loop hole(s).
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Aside from learning the price, I'd also like to know if anyone manufactures a push-button QD sling adapter that is capable of mounting to the loop hole(s).

Estimated $235 last I heard.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Hi,  Any idea what the stock weights?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I hope you guys are manufacturing a lot coze it's gonna be a big seller !!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#40]
2x PRS.....that's just gratutous.

Richard.....are you going retain the 'Block 1' AL bits as an option in future batches? I find it sort of nice to see turned metal. It's very engineered. I think it would lose something if it were all polymer. If not ...lemme know so I can spring for a few while they're still like this for a personal stash. I have a 6.8mm project in mind.

Simon
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#41]
tag....looks like I'm going to have to build another AR15 based rifle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#42]
I feel a precision AR coming on...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You dont have any pictures of yourself in position do you?  I'd like to see you position and shoulder alignment with the scope back that far and the LOP all the way out.
The set up looks very awkward, as if you increased the LOP, to give you proper eye-relief with the scope while holding your head on the cheek piece.
I don know any shooters, who shoot prone who have their head that far back on the stock to use the cheek piece.
I have one coming this week to play with, which should be interesting, because I know my cheek naturally rests too far forward to use the cheek piece.

Actually the LOP is NOT all the way out and setting the LOP does NOT just set eye relief. I have a LONGER length of pull than normal. i.e. I have a long reach that does NOT automatically equate to longer eye relief! Two VERY different things we are talking about here.  The setup is NOT awkward at all.  While using my Raptor or D-760, the CR is directly on my cheek.  Have you cheek-welded a Raptor or D-760? It seems ALL NVD sniper type scopes are VERY awkward in general with eye relief and height issues on a AR platform and some bolt guns with non-adj's stocks. They seem to always weld on ones chin! Not with the PRS. When I shoot the SPR with the Leupy, I am forward JUST a bit. (My chin lays just forward of the CR break).  It IS a very comfortable stock, but hey, that's me. I've shot McMillan’s for numerous years, and this by far is the best stock I've shot for a precision AR platform.   Also, some (like yourself it sounds like) like a weld that conforms more to a chin weld, than a cheek. This stock I feel is directly on my cheek, back up and away from my chin.  Personal preference again what one is used to I guess.

Also, a good test of a stock is to get in position with good eye relief a stay there for a few minutes. Close your eyes, back off from the position and get in position again by the feel of the stock. Open your eyes and see how close you are.  This particular stock performs this exercise quite well for me. The McMillan A4 also does this well for me.  Regards,

Vic

Edited to add:  The ONLY thing I thought was a bit different on this stock (and I've talked with MP on this) is the hook length of the stock. When I first tested this stock, and placed my left hand under the stock to push it into my shoulder, I felt my left hand was too far away. Now that I've used this stock more and more, I find it the best controlling feature of any stock I have used.  90% of all precision type stocks, I have to use the tiny sling swivel with my left hand to push and hold the stock in solid. With this stock I have a lot of ergonomic surface my left hand can grip onto to that gives me a rock solid hold in the prone.  There's alot more going on with this stock design, than just the cheek weld. It was really developed with precision shooting in mind!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess I'm built funny or something because when I get on the stock I'm not anywhere close to the charging handle.  I'm always about where Magpul has put the riser.

BTW I can't wait to get one for my 10T !!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, a good test of a stock is to get in position with good eye relief a stay there for a few minutes. Close your eyes, back off from the position and get in position again by the feel of the stock. Open your eyes and see how close you are.  This particular stock performs this exercise quite well for me. The McMillan A4 also does this well for me.  Regards,

That would be your natural point of aim. If a shooter has to "hold" their head back, its not a good position.

This picture shows where most every AR shooters head/cheek comes to rest  naturally on the stock.
www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/mod1Iraq.jpg

The cheek rest would be useless to this guy, as his cheek rests on the part of the stock before the cheep piece starts.  A good natural point of aim requires no muscle strain other than the grip on the pistol grip and trigger.  This stock may help for NV optics which are mounted further back, but I'm skeptical to its practical usefullness for the majority of AR shooters.  I'll be installing mine this week, and hope to prove myself wrong.

As I stated, my cheek weld for this stock with my Leupy scopes fits QUITE well, as well as with ALL my NVD magnified scopes.  Now, IF employing an ACOG NSN type, where my nose is at the chargin' handle, indeed this stock IMHO is NOT intended for this application. Sure, it could be used, but you would be correct then to state, the the cheek piece WOULD be too far back to be of use.  I hope the system may work out for you...I know you are in the business of selling things, I'm just in the business of pullin' the trigger.

Vic
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I feel a precision AR coming on...

That was my first thought when I saw sneak peek pics of this stock a while back. Now that it's getting closer to actual production for sale, it's making me sweat.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#50]
OMG.  I MUST have one!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top