Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2006 3:58:49 PM EDT
Does anyone have any of the Magpul stocks on there DPMS LR?  If so could you post a pic

Thanks,
Mack
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
ask and ye shall receive!

Just make sure you order the 308 version, or you won't be able to use the charging handle

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here is a customers rifle tjat had the Magpul PRS on it.

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/enforcer22/AR10WEBPHOTO_1.jpg

Thats is fuckin slick.

Are the stocks 308 style specific? Would a standard 6pos tele-stock intefere with the operation of the charging handle? I gotta upgrade mine, I cant stand the look or the feel of the OEM stock on my Lr308.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]

The PRS for the .308 is specific.  The cheekpiece is shorter so it doesn't interfere w/ the charging handle.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you guys like the PRS?  Are the adjustment nobes cheap and weak, or pretty solid, and hold it in place tight?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The knobs are machined from aluminum and have positive click stops.  Nothing about this stock is cheap.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
www.ar15armory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4498

I wrote up a review, but too lazy to do more than cut/paste
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.ar15armory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4498

I wrote up a review, but too lazy to do more than cut/paste

My wife just got me a Magpul Precision Stock for V-day, and at Enforcer22's prompting, decided to write up a review. Here's a cut/paste from the clubhouse forum....

Here's my initial impression of the new Magpul Modular Stock System (MSS). This new offering appears to be based directly on the excellent HK PSG design. The polymer/composite/whatever...(PLASTIC!) used is extremely rigid--no flex that I can discern. I leaned the stock against a wall and put my full 185 lbs on it. It still slid onto my buffer tube without resistance--if it flexed at all, it returned to it's original shape. This thing is TOUGH! It is also extremely well finished. No flashing or sharp molding marks anywhere. (definately a 'must' for warrior types with sensitive cheeks!) Smooth to the touch, but non-reflective.

Length of pull and comb height are fully adjustable and have about an inch of travel for each. The large knobby adjustment wheels move with some resistance and have both audible and tactile clicks for every quarter turn. I turned the wheels while wearing some obscenely thick snowmobile mittens--no problem. Plenty of gripping surface to turn, even with gloves, but stiff enough that adjustments will not change position until you want them to.

I have no idea what the thread pitch of the adjustment bolts are, but each 'click' only moves the comb or butt pad about a millimeter. There's LOTS of positions to play with. Unlike other adjustable stocks I've used in the past, the cheek piece and butt pad are SOLID. There is ZERO wiggle, regardless of where they are adjusted to--full out is just as solid as full in.

Installation was a breeze. If you can remove your A1 or A2 stock, you can install the MSS. One screw. Idiot proof. Unlike my ACE ARFX stock, (that required some dremel work and 2 beers to fit), the receiver bump is perfectly aligned and snugged up tight without modification.

Ambi sling attachment points for 3 way or standard slings are bolted on with hex screws. As a lefty, I was very happy to be able to swap 'em over to the other side without bleeding or modifying anything.

Here's something nice that I didn't expect...the bottom of the stock has a 4 inch rail, with a snap fit cover thoughtfully included. (I found it by accident--the cover was installed when it arrived, and it was on TIGHT. I pried on the cover, thinking it was an unfinished molding seam. I was trying to see how/where the adjustment screws were attached) If you ever plan to use a Monopod or similar leveling device, this is the perfect attach point.

All in all, I can say that this is an extremely well thought out stock. Without having actually used it yet, I would only change one thing. The length of the cheek piece could be extended to the butt--I have a feeling that under recoil, the edge is going to be digging into my cheek, but I could be wrong. I'll let you know how it works out when I get a chance to fire a few rounds.

**another thought before I go--Magpul is a classy company. They didn't have the OD green MSS that was originally ordered in stock yet, and it was going to be on backorder for a few weeks. When GA told them I was going to deploy soon, (whodathunk that a cartoon in a Danish newspaper would be cause to postpone a military deployment?!?) they sent the black stock via 2nd day air. Based on their quality products and excellent customer service, I will definately be doing business with them again!

Colt

***added thought. At $255 shipped, this stock is a bit pricier than what most of us are used to, but when compared to over $400 for the HK PSG and the extra rail/sling attach points, it's a bargain!

Colt thanks man good read.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top