Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 4:53:11 PM EDT
Good bad indiffrent?
I have heard they are kinda heavy any comments on t that?
thanks  guys
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you consider "heavy?". Off of the top of my head, they're about 6-7 oz. heavier than an standard M4 stock which can really help to balance a nose heavy (rail system w/VFG) rifle.

For more info, check out this thread:

Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you"
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
great thread thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
i like mine
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
very solid stock.  no rattle.  looks badass. worth every penny.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#5]
no rattle.. great cheekweld, 3 point sling mount..

the weight balances my carbine quite nicely actually... and the added surface area of the stock improves the handling of  recoil(what little there is)..

all in all I like it

It was expensive, but the company is known for their exceptional customer service and great warranty
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
the stock is solid as a rock!!!!!!!!
no doubt about it!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Its not as easily adjusted as a SOPMOD type stock. I tend to think of mine as a fixed stock that I can adjust. I like mine-but I'll use it on long range setups and a SOPMOD stock on the CQB type stuff.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Its not as easily adjusted as a SOPMOD type stock. I tend to think of mine as a fixed stock that I can adjust. I like mine-but I'll use it on long range setups and a SOPMOD stock on the CQB type stuff.

Because the Magpul stock has tabs that allow the user to set a preset LOP, I would have to disagree with your assessment. Just my opinion of course.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I tend to think of mine as a fixed stock that I can adjust. I like mine-but I'll use it on long range setups and a SOPMOD stock on the CQB type stuff.

+1

Yeah, what he said.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Best damn $250 you'll spend on your AR.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#12]

It great for breaking through windows or so I am told.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got mine as well but really like it so far!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome stock - solid, comfortable and it even collapses for storage.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the Magpul stock has tabs that allow the user to set a preset LOP, I would have to disagree with your assessment. Just my opinion of course.

The tab wears out. Its still not quite as easily adustable. My opinin of course.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah, one more thing. Its no big deal with the MagPul to beat it into the gravel to clear a stuck bolt. It fucks up the checkering on the toe of the stock, but thats all.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
well you guys convinced me I ordered one
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Excellent. Please be sure to get back to us with what you think of it after you receive it and have shot with it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

A wise choice, Sir.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#20]
well put it on today that was little more involved than i figured
pretty neat  still not sure if is worh 2.5x the money of a 6 pos but heck you do not see alot of them
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Installing your first one always involves a bit of learning curve. I was on the phone with Richard twice when I installed my first one.

I don't know what to say regarding the worth of the stock compared to a standard M4 stock. Worth or value is very subjective and only you can decide if it's worth it to you. I think it's worth will become more apparent once you go out and shoot with it for a little while.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase it from?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Definatly worth it to me.  Its easier to adjust than a SOPMOD stock to your preset.  Going longer turns into a two hand job though.  Really keeps the balance over the mag well on a carbine.  Cant go wrong.  Suprised no pictures yet.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Definatly worth it to me.  Its easier to adjust than a SOPMOD stock to your preset.  Going longer turns into a two hand job though.  Really keeps the balance over the mag well on a carbine.  Cant go wrong.  Suprised no pictures yet.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/riflenew.jpg

You can't bust windows with that. It's time to upgrade it
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1  couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  couldn't have said it better.

Do you need to quickly adjust the stock during CQB drills?  Why?  

Are you doing this for unusual shooting positions you get into and then switch it back when you move?

What's your CQB stock SOP?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I very, very rarely adjust my stock. Pretty much I only change settings when I change from a sweatshirt to a t shirt. However, even the Sully stock is too long for me, and the short fixed stocks too short. The magpul splits the difference.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Okay, I was thinking you might change lengths when you got into those uber Pat Rogers fire from your back and on your side positions. There the closest thing to break dancing with your AR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Okay, I was thinking you might change lengths when you got into those uber Pat Rogers fire from your back and on your side positions. There the closest thing to break dancing with your AR.

LOL, supine, rollover and SBU prone. No, I left the stock in the third position for that. I wouldn't have time to ajust it in a gunfight, why should I on the range?

On a side note, with a 1" spacer on the back of a SOPMOD stock, placed in the first pos., the cheek weld and length are perfect for me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/riflenew.jpg

All right  (kinda big) pic
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#30]
93b is going on my next carbine
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#31]
FWIW, one man I know said that end users in the Litter Box were having sand problems with the Magpul.  He advised the SOPMOD.

The Magpul weighs 17 ozs. while the SOPMOD weighs 16 and the VLTOR is 10.

I find being able to collapse the stock all the way for transport a useful feature.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#32]
M93B's are O.K., I guess

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top