Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 12:11:44 PM EDT
Let me begin by saying I own a LOT of Magpul stuff and like everything I've ever bought that they've made. MIAD, CTR's, Pmag's...blah, blah, blah.

Outstanding company....wish I could buy stock in them!

Is the big deal with the UBR the fact that the check weld remains consistant regardless of LOP?

I'm not seeing why this is such an incredibly anticipated item. Cool...sure. Functional? I'm sure it will be. Made well? To be expected. Worth such hype? Not sure.

Maybe I'm missing something that a hands-on would clear up. In the mean time, someone explain why this stock is the shit?

ETA It is purdy, that's for sure...but significantly better than say a CTR?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Let me begin by saying I own a LOT of Magpul stuff and like everything I've ever bought that they've made. MIAD, CTR's, Pmag's...blah, blah, blah.

Is the big deal with the UBR the fact that the check weld remains consistant regardless of LOP?

I'm not seeing why this is such an incredibly anticipated item. Cool...sure. Functional? I'm sure it will be. Made well? To be expected. Worth such hype? Not sure.

Maybe I'm missing something that a hands-on would clear up. In the mean time, someone explain why this stock is the shit?

www.magpul.com/catalog/images/ubr2.jpg

Have you bought a 93B. If you use one, you will see why.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1    
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul is half hype & half kick ass product, you don't know this?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1    

Never used, handled or seen in person the 93B. Back to the original question.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been shooting with a UBR for quite awhile, I can try to answer questions for you based off my experiences and views, but I can't answer why you as an individual should care.  Only you know what your needs and uses are for your weapons.

Fair enough.

Please compare the UBR to the CTR and the LMT SOPMOD.

Pros, cons...and individual tastes according to your preferences.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The A2 stock I used in Basic was just fine, the cool M4 stock on my M4A1 was super tacticool when I got to play with it. Than they threw in rails, VFG, lights and lasers.

I've used them all: A1, A2, CAR, M4, SOPMOD, VLTOR, 93B, CTR, ACE SOCOM, ARFX and more I don't remember.

The best has been the SOPMOD handsdown, it is beaten in terms of features by all the Magpul stock, it wins because of the cheekweld. I do not own one however as I want to be cool more than having an effective cheekweld. I will buy the UBR when it hits because I am a Magpul whore and I want my rifle to be as Gucci as possible. All the Larue stuff on my MRP upper begs to be paired up with something like a UBR. I hope that Magpul will actually offer the side saddle options to improve cheekweld as they promised on the M93B but never delivered. If the UBR can get the awesome cheekweld of the SOPMOD I will be able to tell people that I bought it for the function and not just because I'm a gear whore.

If Dolce & Gabbana made slings I would be there.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If you don't shoot NTCH, then you may not care.  But if you do shoot NTCH, and have shot with a M93, then the question answers itself.  When I shoot a "normal" stock, I always end up with my cheek half on, half off the stock and on the tube.  I love my M93, and cant wait for the UBR, but that does not mean that you or anyone else can't like another stock just as much.  'cuss like they say, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:11:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is a basic overview that I have written for stocks.  To expand on it is something that I plan to do, but you are talking about hours worth of work, not a 5 minute response.  

Carbine Stock Guide

Have you read any of the UBR threads?

Apparently I haven't read the right ones. Once the circle jerk forms all relevant discussion seems to go out the window.

Thanks for the link Stick, nicely done.

The UBR does appear to be a hell of a nice stock, very well designed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:20:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The UBR comes with two cheek weld adapters one like the M93 and one angled like the original ACR stock.We plan on releasing the first preproduction UBRs this week.

Cheekweld adapters would make the UBR very popular, no doubt.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#13]
It will be heavier and stronger than the CTR I have which is why I want it.  The storage capability and presets for length are just a bonus.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I really wanted a UBR; but I am actually still happy with my M93 (original production version) and the fact that the Masada stock looks quite nice on its own, just makes me think that rather than get the UBR I'll put the money towards an extra rifle.

After all, at the rate I break things, it is always nice to have a spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top