Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2003 5:41:08 PM EDT
The Magpul Carbine stock looks like they really put some thought into it.  Does anyone know the status of the Fixed Position or the Mission Specific stocks(M92,M94,M95)?  I've seen the official release dates from Magpul, but that was a long time ago and I think I heard something about them running behind.

Also, who's got the best prices on the M93?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:36:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a great stock i go tmine after talking with a fellow involved with Marine SF and trying his.  I got a good price directly from magpul but MSTN.biz has good prices and a great rep.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi, techbrute
Magpul will fix there M93 at whatever position you want from the factory. The good thing about this is that you can return it to them after the AWB dies, and have them undo the fix with no permanent damage. [url]http://www.bizplaces.com/magpul/storefront.asp?pgID=1[/url]

Here is the e-mail I received from Magpul concerning this...

Hi John,

Yes it is pretty easy to fix the M93 in a single position, you do this by stopping the plunger (the rod underneath the main leaver) from allowing the cams to disengage the buffer tube.

This can be done by local gunsmith and should be considered permanent by the BATF if the stopper takes the form of a tube welded up after it has been installed. This would also allow you to carefully cut off the tube if the said law sunsets next year.

We do have a fixed option but this is assembled with the stock in lieu of the spring/plunger but this would require the whole stock set up to be sent back to us to be converted to a regular M93 stock. No extra cost for this as I feel sorry for those who have to suffer under truly dumb laws. All I need to know is what position you need the stock fixed in. LOPs are available on the PDF found on the website.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Cheers,
Richard
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, very cool.  I was thinking of one of their fixed stocks like the M92, M94, or M95 for a post-ban I was building, but a fixed M93 sounds good, too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone who has an M93: does the M93 exhibit the flop and slop that the standard tele-stocks do?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone who has an M93: does the M93 exhibit the flop and slop that the standard tele-stocks do?
View Quote

Absoulutely not.

You would be very hard pressed to determine which was a fixed stock versus the Magpul, by virtue of slop.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, that clinches it.  I'm getting an M93 immediately.

I have an email out to Richard regarding the status of the other stocks and the M93 modules.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Absoulutely not.

You would be very hard pressed to determine which was a fixed stock versus the Magpul, by virtue of slop.
View Quote

I disagree.  Feel which stock has the most wiggle where the base/buffer tube connects to the lower... that will be the fixed stock. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
So has anyone heard any detractors or any reason I should blow my hard earned dough on a Magpul?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard a rumor the other day that the USMC boys that Pat Rogers has been training have been having problems with their M93. The rumor is that the M93's have been breaking. Is that true? How can we contact Pat Rogers to confirm that report?

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to the USMC section of tacticalforums.com and ask him.  He is the moderator there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I heard a rumor the other day that the USMC boys that Pat Rogers has been training have been having problems with their M93. The rumor is that the M93's have been breaking. Is that true? How can we contact Pat Rogers to confirm that report?

View Quote

Not meaning to speak for pat but i took a class with him a couple of weeks ago and he likes them, he convinced me to buy mine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:07:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Not meaning to speak for pat but I took a class with him a couple of weeks ago and he likes them, he convinced me to buy mine.
View Quote

I've heard the same thing, Pat is a big fan of the M93 system. I was just curious of the breakage issue. Is it not surviving the "Drop-Test" or is it the lock mechanism?

I'm interested in a M95 version when available, but I'm not a big fan of the M93.

I heard the rumor from a friend stationed down at Camp Pendleton. I'll have to try contacting Rogers to find out the real story.

ls
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I've posted a question for Mr. Rogers on TacticalForums.com.  For those interested, I will be posting his response here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
From Pat Rogers:

"The stocks are great and all like them.
We broke the toe on two stocks, while doing the "mortar" stuck bolt clearance drill.
Rich is modifying them.
Short answer- Great stock!

------------------
S/F

Pat Sends"

Sounds good, but sounds like I might want to wait for the new revision.  I'll probably send a note to Richard at Magpul and see what he has to say.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
From Pat Rogers:

"The stocks are great and all like them.
We broke the toe on two stocks, while doing the "mortar" stuck bolt clearance drill.
Rich is modifying them.
Short answer- Great stock!

------------------
S/F

Pat Sends"

Sounds good, but sounds like I might want to wait for the new revision.  I'll probably send a note to Richard at Magpul and see what he has to say.
View Quote

Thanks for investigating this and reporting it back to us techbrute, I have been very interested in this topic.  If you do contact Magpul, please let us know what they have to say and if they plan any new revisions!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Itried to break my original experimental stock byt doing that and could not do it.  I wonder how they managed to break it.  I assume they must have hit it down toe first at a 45 degree angle as hard as they possibly could on concrete or something.  I slammed mine straight down into grass repeatedly at about 80-90% of my strength and never had it do much of anything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Techbrute-

Thanks for doing the intel.

ls
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I once broke a standard Car stock trying to clear a stuck round.  It is a bad practice and I would not expect many stocks to hold up to it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#20]
devl,
My understanding is that is pretty much how they broke it, and it wasn't easy.  At any rate rich has a reinforced due out soon that i believe he will send you if you have an older stock.  Good company, good stock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds to me like they were not "doing clearance drills" but instead they wanted to see how much it was going to take to break it...

What will be involved in the improved toe of the stock?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Here's the email response I got from Richard:

Hi Tim,

The whole MSS concept was built as an experiment and so we are moving slowly on the other items as we are still getting feedback on the M93.

We still plan to build all the variants as time and money permits.

Cheers,

Richard
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We have the two stocks in question and duplicated the failure, but it took a small sledge hammer to do it.

The failure is on the tail piece section where it bolts to the body and happens when only when the toe part of the stock is slammed at a 60 degree angle during a "butt to deck clearance drill"

It does not occur with a straight 90 degree strike and the lock system on the affected stocks remained functional.

We have the tail piece mold apart and will be releasing modified version which will address the issue.

Once released all current M93 owners will be given the option of a swap for a new version although most people will never have a problem with the current tail piece.

We are still assessing other aspects of the M93 and other changes might in the works.

Thanks to the feedback of the AR15.com experimental users the intial production versions seem to holding up better than I had thought.

Other Fixed varients and tail pieces will be released but we are moving slowly so we don't get ahead of ourselfs in this experiment.
View Quote

All I can say is wow.  Magpul is really producing a super high grade military product.  Most sane people would HARDLY call this an issue and Magpul is all over it anyway and putting the fixes into their regular lineup.  I want an M93 even more now. :)
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds to me like they were not "doing clearance drills" but instead they wanted to see how much it was going to take to break it...

What will be involved in the improved toe of the stock?
View Quote

DevL- The aggravating thing about the internet is the fact that anyone can make any kind of statement- no matter how silly, improper, or incorrect- and have an audience.

I was the one conducting the training. I personally witnessed the incidents.
I personally forwarded the information to Rich, who immediately replied and sent replacement stocks out.

In short, i resent your implications that those people i have the privelege of working with are mindless moronsand would deliberetly destroy the weapons they use to kill our enemies.

There is entirely to much of this garbage on the various forums. Any stupid thought is translated into a stupid written post which the naieve take as gospel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Pat,

Did not mean to offend you, nor the men who train under you.  I never meant to implicate that the people who would destroy the stock were mindless, nor morons.  It is common knowledge that the military frequently does tests to destruction to see what the limits of the equipment are.  If that was not the case all you had to do was say so... and you did.  Thank you for the clarification.

As I stated earlier I personally tried to test my stock and see if it would fail as that was what was asked of me.  I was not able to do it and contrary to Troy's joke I am not a "girly man"  I assumed that the stock had to be slammed to the deck toe first at an angle for the stock to be broken and it was.  I figured that this would break the toe of my experimental stock so I never tried it.  My incorrect assumption was that the Marine in question must have assumed the same thing and was testing the unit under your supervision.  Again, thank you for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#27]
DevL- Roger, copy!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
DevL- Roger, copy!
View Quote

Pat Rogers:  A man of few words.

[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top