Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 1:36:37 PM EDT
I just received my spikes 14.5" upper with MOE handguards.  I had to take the handguards off so I could install the RVG and a section of polymer rain for a light mount.  When I mounted the VTAC light mount, its canted towards inside of the rifle.  It appears as though the MOE guards do not have a "FLAT" left and ride side if you will which is causing this.  Am I correct on this, or did I mount something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:56:19 PM EDT
The MOE sides are tapered in a little. I would look at mount-in-slot for light mounting on a MOE.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:09:01 PM EDT
According to their documentation, they are 2 and 10 o'clock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:10:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ramair2k:

I just received my spikes 14.5" upper with MOE handguards.  I had to take the handguards off so I could install the RVG and a section of polymer rain for a light mount.  When I mounted the VTAC light mount, its canted towards inside of the rifle.  It appears as though the MOE guards do not have a "FLAT" left and ride side if you will which is causing this.  Am I correct on this, or did I mount something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

As a solution you could modify one of the sections of polymer rail with a belt sander. That's what I did and it works beautifully.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:00:48 PM EDT
ok, thanks guys.  I thought I mounted something incorrectly.  I guess I will just have to live with it until I eventually get a rail system.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:24:11 PM EDT
My VTAC with the MOE & MOE rail piece is flat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:30:59 PM EDT
I have my rail section mounted on the left side across the rear and middle open slot sections.  The VTAC mount is leaning inward.  Can you post a pic of yours?
Top Top