Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 4:42:49 PM EDT
I have a magpul MOE handguard. I want a Magpul vertical fore grip. The store in my area only carries the magpul moe RVG grip and not the magpul moe MVG grip. I'm assuming the MVG would be more solid since it does not need to connect to a rail. Does it really matter which one I use for this particular handguard?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a magpul MOE handguard. I want a Magpul vertical fore grip. The store in my area only carries the magpul moe RVG grip and not the magpul moe MVG grip. I'm assuming the MVG would be more solid since it does not need to connect to a rail. Does it really matter which one I use for this particular handguard?

Why not just order the MVG from someplace online?  While both will work, the MVG is much more contoured and streamlined with the MOE handguards.

This. Both will work. MVG will work better.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I will try to find the MVG. The guy at the store told me the RVG would work exactly the same. I'm glad I didn't believe him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I will try to find the MVG. The guy at the store told me the RVG would work exactly the same. I'm glad I didn't believe him.

Check out Primary Arms.

Site sponsor and probably the cheapest you will find plus free shipping.  Also probably the fastest shipping out of any company I have ever used.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
MVG is definately the way to go. Just bolts on with no rail. Try the EE here as well. I sold a new MVG for $15 shipped a month or so ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, while they will both provide a functional VFG for the MOE handguard, you need to buy the extra rail to use a RVG, which also sticks out a bit farther.  The MVG is the better way to go in my mind, and its how I set up my MOE handguards.

My RVG came with a rail section.  The reason I purchased the RVG over the MVG is that if I ever decide to replace my MOE HG with something else I can still utilize the RVG.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top