BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2013 5:52:19 AM EDT
Just got a set of these and I am thoroughly impressed with them.  I was having trouble finding the older polymer MBUS flip ups so when I found the MBUS Pros I snatched them up.  I like that they are all steel construction.  They are incredibly well built, as is every Magpul product.  They fold down nice and low and are quick to deploy.  The front sight has a dial for adjustments which is nice.  If you are thinking about these don't hesitate.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
unfortunately a few of them got through quality control, and are a little off. My rear sight, and a few other peoples rears do not sit true on the rail. Great thing about magpul tho, they are replacing my rear sight for free.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
unfortunately a few of them got through quality control, and are a little off. My rear sight, and a few other peoples rears do not sit true on the rail. Great thing about magpul tho, they are replacing my rear sight for free.
View Quote

I have two sets enroute to me.  How will I know if I got a bad rear sight?  Is it obvious right away, or something you notice at the range when your bullet hits the target next to yours?
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the sight picture of the Pro better than the old sights? I couldn't get used to the BUS and was extremely slow with them compared to my DOAs. I've been considering the Pro, but hate to spend money on them to find that I hate the sight picture.

evl....
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have two sets enroute to me.  How will I know if I got a bad rear sight?  Is it obvious right away, or something you notice at the range when your bullet hits the target next to yours?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

also sits crooked on the rail

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i41.tinypic.com/24myefp.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/9736364351_f8b35c7780_k.jpg

Did you try mounting it like Magpul said? Sorry if you said you did on TOS and I missed it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If any other brand came out with a sight that was crooked (ahem TROY), they would be hung from the ceiling by their toes in this forum. Magpul releases a product that isn't properly made, and everyone just says, "Oh well, customer service will take care of me."

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If any other brand came out with a sight that was crooked (ahem TROY), they would be hung from the ceiling by their toes in this forum. Magpul releases a product that isn't properly made, and everyone just says, "Oh well, customer service will take care of me."    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.  Troy would only be hung from their toes now only because of recent activities not based on product quality.  If they didn't have these recent shortcomings, people would still have faith in Troy as a company.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have two sets enroute to me.  
View Quote

Look forward to your thoughts.  At least they are a bit more aesthetically pleasing

Joking aside, I did get rid of the 3 sets of MBUS I had for Troy, but I might throw a couple of these in the bin.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You haven't seen the nato clamp mount on the new Troy sights I guess.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NATO clamp is the reason I stopped using Troy sights, and I know of at least one major manufacturer that also stopped using them for that reason.  Ironically, almost no one noticed they changed it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The NATO clamp is the reason I stopped using Troy sights, and I know of at least one major manufacturer that also stopped using them for that reason.  Ironically, almost no one noticed they changed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm extremely happy with my Troy flip-ups. However, they are several years old. Please elaborate on this new Nato clamp and their recent shortcomings. I don't want to recommend anything that has changed in quality and that might suck...
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I though MBUS pro would be my new premium metal buis since Troy changed their battle sight.

I may be mistaken. This new nato stanag clamping spec seems to be a problem.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm extremely happy with my Troy flip-ups. However, they are several years old. Please elaborate on this new Nato clamp and their recent shortcomings. I don't want to recommend anything that has changed in quality and that might suck...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a change in the clamp design that causes it to seat differently, and can cause some slight canting.

Old design:

New design:

Link Posted: 9/14/2013 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you try mounting it like Magpul said? Sorry if you said you did on TOS and I missed it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. The flip up part is still askew
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

But you got the base square to the rail? That happens with KAC sights if you don't look at it while installing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But you got the base square to the rail? That happens with KAC sights if you don't look at it while installing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can live with how it sits on the rail. Not perfect but better than those pics
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
mines are off too..... been waiting for these forever

<a href="http://s118.photobucket.com/user/gaysterxviet/media/IMG_0622_zps7a63cb86.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/gaysterxviet/IMG_0622_zps7a63cb86.jpg</a>
View Quote

though your base looks off the part that matters appears to line up nicely with the rail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

They fucked with a great design, and ruined it, then said "sorry, we like it better this way so you're stuck".

Magpul is fixing an issue that cropped up on a newly released product.

Not even in the same ballpark.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I have tried mounting mine 5+ times and even when I hold it straight while tightening the screw as soon as it gets tension the mounts rotates itself crooked.

I tried contacting magpul VIA email but haven't heard anything yet. I will try calling tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have tried mounting mine 5+ times and even when I hold it straight while tightening the screw as soon as it gets tension the mounts rotates itself crooked.

I tried contacting magpul VIA email but haven't heard anything yet. I will try calling tomorrow.
View Quote

Post back and let us know what they say.....please.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#25]
So do the Pro's lock when they are up?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:11:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they are held in place via heavy tension, though. Honestly, I like the method better than "locking" as there is ZERO movement. They feel the same as KAC's do regarding up/down operation, and use the same mechanism.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I called magpul. They want me to ship the sights back (on my dime) and wait an unknown period of time and they said they will send a new one. After waiting this long and paying almost $200 for a pair of sights overall I'm not very happy about it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I called magpul. They want me to ship the sights back (on my dime) and wait an unknown period of time and they said they will send a new one. After waiting this long and paying almost $200 for a pair of sights overall I'm not very happy about it.
View Quote

That sorta sucks....got mine from Primary Arms so maybe thats a better route to take?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine came from primary arms as well. I haven't tried to contact them yet I thought it would be better to call magpul first.

The reason for the unknown ETA is magpul is still working on the issue and haven't made a new batch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Marshall has a good rep for treating his customers fairly....and even generously for that matter...

Like you said no doubt Magpul will square things (no pun intended) down the line...but who wants to wait very long?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Mine came from primary arms as well. I haven't tried to contact them yet I thought it would be better to call magpul first.

The reason for the unknown ETA is magpul is still working on the issue and haven't made a new batch.
View Quote

I got a straight replacement.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Did you send in just the rear sight? to Magpul directly?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

The rep on the phone directly told me that they were aware of the issue and were still working on it so they couldn't give me a date when to expect the new sights.

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
No, they are held in place via heavy tension, though. Honestly, I like the method better than "locking" as there is ZERO movement. They feel the same as KAC's do regarding up/down operation, and use the same mechanism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

They sent me a sight with return shipping for the old one. I was the second person to receive a replacement tho, I was lucky.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Are all three known instances of this problem arfcomers?
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are all three known instances of this problem arfcomers?
View Quote

There are more than 3, and not just arfcommers. A lot of the people that bought from the first batch. But no worries, magpul is making it right with everyone with a defective rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, after finding this out I took Troy off the list.  I'm looking at the MBUS Pro for all future builds and possibly to replace a few sets of the Troy's I already own.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yup, after finding this out I took Troy off the list.  I'm looking at the MBUS Pro for all future builds and possibly to replace a few sets of the Troy's I already own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know anything was wrong with my nato clamp Troy's until this thread. So I decided to take a look and realized what a big difference there was between my Troy sights and the MBUS Pro:

I had the same fitment issues with my DDM4 and Sig 716 using these nato clamp troy sights. I'll be ditching these for MBUS Pro's right away!
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Are the MBUS Pro sights on Amazon legit? I placed a order from Amazon and am wondering if I should cancel it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 2:11:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are the MBUS Pro sights on Amazon legit? I placed a order from Amazon and am wondering if I should cancel it.
View Quote

did you get them from optics planet?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Real.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real.  

http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Industries-Back-Up-Sight-Black/dp/B00F17RTT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380724734&sr=8-1&keywords=magpul+mbus+pro

Good. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Good. Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Real.  

http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-Industries-Back-Up-Sight-Black/dp/B00F17RTT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380724734&sr=8-1&keywords=magpul+mbus+pro

Good. Thanks
If you are worried just send pics to Magpul, and if they are fake Amazon will refund for free so yea.

Let me know cause I plan to buy a rear my next check.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you are worried just send pics to Magpul, and if they are fake Amazon will refund for free so yea.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real.  

Good. Thanks

I'll report back when I get them. They haven't shipped yet.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I finally received an email saying magpul has shipped me a new sight (3 weeks after I ordered my first set) in the email description it says they sent a front sight only. It was my rear sight that is crooked
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I had the same problem, ordered from the first batch and had a crooked rear sight. I called Magpul CS and they sent me a new rear sight along with a return shipping box for the bad one within a week. As far as I can tell this has been most people's experience with Magpul's CS. Quick and painless, thanks Magpul.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got a set off of Amazon. Rear is canted
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just got a set off of Amazon. Rear is canted
View Quote

I bet magpul is hating life right now with all these canted rear sights on the open market.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top