Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:52:10 PM EDT
Ok so I got the Magpul M93B and MIAD as a V-Day gift from the wife. I installed the MIAD and M93B per instructions. I absolutely love the way the MIAD fits my hand its perfect I thought the TANGO DOWN Battle Grip was great, now it is spare parts. I love the solid lock up and cheek weld of the M93B. What I do not like is there seems to be a lot of little "tags" of the plastic material left over, if it was a cast lead bullet you would call this Sprue. For 200.00+ bucks i didnt expect it to look like a Giant GI Joe guys gun stock. The MIAD has the same thing and when I installed my preferred back strap (the largest one) I noticed there is alot of room between the grip and the Lower for dirt to get into. I cant really complain about that part because of how it fits up on the receiver with the large panel they would have had to make it, where you needed to shave it down to make a snug fit . I realize not all AR receivers are built to the exact same dimensions.

These little negatives DO NOT outweight the good sides of the magpul or MIAD I wouldnt trade them for any other Grip/stock system out there. I am sorry that the M93B is being canceled, I hope the UBR works as well.

The Question is there seems to be a little bit of wobble in the stock towards the front end. Is this normal? The adjustments lock up very snug and tight just as advertised. I dont know if I screwed up somehow but I dont think so as it functions fine( manually have not test fired).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:12:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:16:48 PM EDT by MTNmyMag]
Thanks for the response, the little tags are really a non issue I am sure I can remove them fairly easy, Thanks for the info on the shim. By the way I had the second to largest grip strap installed I switched it for the larger one and it fits very snuggly now no room for dirt or anything to get behind it.

My new problem is that I decided to install the front panel with the advanced trigger gaurd and the hole for the tiny hex screw does not line up with the hole in the lower. This is a Bushy Lower.

ETA nevermind on the Trigger Gaurd I got the screw to go by starting at a slight angle and it "pulled" itself straight.

Thanks for responding and producing such great products.

One more ETA installed the shim one size larger and entire stock is now ROCK SOLID I am even more impressed!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:35:04 AM EDT
Magpul roooooles.

I love their products.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:19:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 10:20:42 AM EDT by Bumblebee_Bob]

Originally Posted By Gimme_A_Carbine:
Magpul roooooles.

I love their products.

+1

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:46:35 PM EDT
Hey Rich...will there be an oportunity to upgrade from the older models to a UBR? If not I need to up from my A2 to the B...(i need a QD sling mount)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:49:48 PM EDT
Rich,

Will you guys be releasing the modular accessories for the M93 that are shown in the owner's manual or has that been foregone?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:10:16 PM EDT
A recoil/butt pad that utilizes the 2 holes in the butt for attachment would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:18:44 PM EDT
Are the issues with the backstrap on the MIAD when using it on a AR-10 lower? I have a MIAD on my AR-15 and it fits just fine...a beautiful thing. However, I just got another MIAD and when using the B2 and B3 backstraps, there is a .25" gap between the backstrap and the receiver...this is a measurement from the back of the backstrap.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:20:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:21:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:23:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:29:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:20:35 PM EDT
Hmmm...another complication. The retaining pin spring that the backstrap holds in place falls between the gap that is in between the grip and the backstrap. I have an Eagle Arms AR-10 lower and unless they had a design change where the pin hole is placed in a different spot, I will have to make a JB Weld adjustment to the backstrap to keep that spring in place...otherwise, in it's stock form, there is not enough material in any of the backstraps to keep the pin from falling out.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:25:01 AM EDT
i love the m93b!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:33:52 AM EDT
Does the MIAD come with the Allen Wrench for installation?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:21:36 AM EDT
I dont remember but a full set of allen wrenches cost about 1.50 for really cheap ones at walmart that will install the grip just fine.
Top Top