Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 2:11:06 PM EDT
I don't have a user/installation manual.

If the stock is already installed, what is the best way to retrofit with a Magpul single point full loop for a single point sling?

I don't want to work against myself  by haphazardly removing bolts.

Also, what is the method by which the sliding unit is separated from the tube?

Any and all applicable replies very appreciated.

Standing by.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets see if I can word this right.

To take the stock off, slide it all the way out. While holding the locking lever in the unlocked position, also hold in the two small side buttons. The stock should then slide off.

To put the single point mount on. Remove the single center screw that faces the receiver, under the extension tube. Then slide the spacer out. Slide in the single point mount and put the screw back in.

Jason
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Jason:

Thanks for the reply.

Spacer has a tongue and groove, and is not loose enough when I pull just that bolt from the rear.

Removing the small cross bolt at the bottom does not make it looser. either.

What am I missing? Am I being too prissy with it?

Thanks again.

For clarification: I did not mount this stock.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I won’t have access to my rifle until later tomorrow, from memory though, with just the single screw removed the spacer should slide out. It probably won’t slide out very easily.

Jason
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Jason:

Got it. Done.

Just telling me how to get the outer stock off was very helpful. Thanks.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top