Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2008 1:25:33 PM EDT
I'd like to order a Magpul CTR stock for my first build.  I've found them online for around $92 at eguns.com and various other retailers.  But they don't come with everything required to install them.  What exactly are the other parts needed, and where can I find them?

This would be going on a Spike's lower and a Stag Upper.  Do I need the Mil-spec or commercial version?

Also, do RRA LPKs include anything for installing the stock?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
go to pk firearms and buy the mil spec receiver extension kit, and then thats it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
and yes there are parts that come with the LPK that work in conjunction with the mil spec receiver extension kit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
rec extension, buffer, spring, plate, castle nut, wrench, staking tool.  

ETA: milspec/commercial depends on the receiver extension you pick.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_item.aspx?id=1429&action=display

this is the link to the the kit i was telling you about in includes everything that ridewaves just mentioned but is easier so you dont have to buy them individually
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Just so I'm clear on this:

I can order a Magpul CTR commercial stock and order the commercial stock extension kit found here: www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_item.aspx?id=1430&action=display

And this would fit just fine, regardless of what upper or lower receiver I have?  Seems like the commercial is a little bit less expensive, but otherwise nearly identical.  

Please just help clarify this for me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd spend the extra money for the milspec.  You will have more options if you decide to change your stock later.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And this would fit just fine, regardless of what upper or lower receiver I have?  Seems like the commercial is a little bit less expensive, but otherwise nearly identical.  

Yes. But as was stated by others, i'd go with a milspec tube/CTR because you will be able to fit a greater number of stocks on there if you ever decide to change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top