Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2015 4:40:57 PM EDT
I have recently acquired a number of magpul stocks (CTRs, STRs and ACSs) for both commercial and mil spec receiver extensions. ALL of the mil spec tube stocks fit tight when the locks are engaged. ALL of the commercial tube stocks fit loose when the locks are engaged. It doesn't matter whether the commercial tube is Bushmaster, RRA or no-name, it's the same lousy fit.  Anybody in the hive know why or have a fix for it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The several Moe mil-spec stocks I've had the pleasure to fondle all had loose fitment of the extension.  You could slather some JB weld or similar product onto the extension and sand to fit maybe an option.  The one ACS I do have fits perfect on my mil-spec receiver extensions.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.  I have a CTR, an STR and an ACS-L on commercial tubes (two UTG, one Armalite), and they lock down tight.

What does a caliper show your tubes at? Should be 1.170"
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that uncommon with commercial.
No clear standard on tube O.D.

Take a look at this...

https://twopackshaker.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/tighten-up-your-magpul-ctr-stock/
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not that uncommon with commercial.
No clear standard on tube O.D.

Take a look at this...

https://twopackshaker.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/tighten-up-your-magpul-ctr-stock/
View Quote

I have read where people put a little black tape on the buffer tube. Never tried it as all my mil spec stocks lock up tight.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top