Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2007 4:58:57 PM EDT
I saw the CTR for the first time the other day and loved the way it looked!

I was wondering if the commercial version would work on my model1sales M-4 carbine (6 pos.) stock? And if you guys out there like your CTR stocks? (I noticed that a lot of new pics future the CTR)

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one last week and the commercial version fits perfectly on my Delton kit.  Probably the same parts as Model 1.  Yes I do love it.  David
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet thanks,,,, Where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Does  the CTR work on non mil-spec buffer tubes?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They were talking about the CTR Commercial stock. The original CTR is for milspec tubes. It does not come with a buttpad but one is available seperately. The CTR Commercial version does come with a factory installed buttpad
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a mil-spec CTR on my AR-180Bravo and I fricken' love it!!
Couldn't imagine anything else on that rifle now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Now I'd like to see pics of that!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were talking about the CTR Commercial stock. The original CTR is for milspec tubes. It does not come with a buttpad but one is available seperately. The CTR Commercial version does come with a factory installed buttpad

Really? Mine didnt....
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 The commercial CTR version comes with factory installed buttpad, the commercial buttpad is also thicker than the optional mil-spec type buttpad.

I'm very satisfied with my CTR very light and solid.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just purchased the CTR Mil-spec combo kit.  

Came with a Mil-spec tube,Buffer and spring , CTR stock, Mil-spec rubber pad, and plastic end cap.  All in the same box.  Purchased from AIM on this sight...
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Came with a Mil-spec tube,Buffer and spring , CTR stock, Mil-spec rubber pad, and plastic end cap.  All in the same box.  Purchased from AIM on this sight...

Something new then.

Ive been keeping milspec CTRs in stock since they became available. Ive recieved the box with a stock body only. Ive added Stag/CMT tubes and all to make complete "kits". I had to order the thin buttpads seperately.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something new then.

Ive been keeping milspec CTRs in stock since they became available. Ive recieved the box with a stock body only. Ive added Stag/CMT tubes and all to make complete "kits". I had to order the thin buttpads seperately.

Interesting....

Not sure if Bryan at AIM puts these together, or if Magpul sends him the Combo.  It all came packaged in the Magpul box, and each part was in it's own bag within that box.  

A great product for a great price!  This stock locks up SOLID.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Buy one, you'll definitely like it.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I have noticed that most of my commercial buffer tubes are longer than my milspec one. I don't see any pictures above showing the CTR stock fully collapsed. Am I right in guessing that MagPul added the thicker buttpad to accomodate the longer tube ? I actually would prefer this, as my milspec CTR is a little shorter than I like.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have noticed that most of my commercial buffer tubes are longer than my milspec one. I don't see any pictures above showing the CTR stock fully collapsed. Am I right in guessing that MagPul added the thicker buttpad to accomodate the longer tube ? I actually would prefer this, as my milspec CTR is a little shorter than I like.

The commercial tubes have a slanted end, as opposed to the mil-spec straight, vertical cut.  The thicker buttpad is needed on the commercial tube so it will lock in the fully collapsed position.  It acts as a spacer for the slant cut on the commercial tube.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now I'd like to see pics of that!

I second that.

Well, by popular demand....

I wasn't gonna post pics of her here but since you asked......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top