Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2009 1:55:26 PM EDT
I want to put a CTR on my Stag Model 2 and I was unsure whether I'm suppsosed to get commercial or mil spec. I'm assuming commercial, but could someone comfirm this?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:30:12 PM EDT
Click on this (Magpul page on how to identify milspec v. commercial receiver extensions).
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:53:29 PM EDT
I saw that already and I still don't know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:04:29 PM EDT
If it's a factory stock complete Stag then you will need the mil-spec stock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:09:03 PM EDT
Ok, thanks the Stag site seems to say mil spec as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:37:53 PM EDT
they are indeed mil-spec.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:15:20 PM EDT
I had this same issue. Larue's website says Stag is commercial. I had talked to Denny where I ordered the kit from and he had said mil-spec so I got all confused. I ended up calling Stag and they said mil-spec. I wrote a message to Larue about their webiste having incorrect information on it but they haven't done anything about it yet (months ago).
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:22:00 AM EDT
When in doubt, send an email to Magpul. It may take them a while to get back to you (their volume has been insane since the election), but they know which manufacturer uses which tube. That being said, it seems a consensus here that Stag uses a milspec tube.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:51:46 AM EDT
I just bought another CTR this week. So unless my four Stags are flukes they are definitely mil-spec
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:14:57 AM EDT
Stag tubes are Mil-Spec.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:22:33 PM EDT
If the back end of the tube is flat, it's mil-spec. (Stags are.) Angled, is commercial.

I just got in my Stag "group buy" M4 kit and, while every thing else is great, the 6 pos stock has to go. For mil-spec, you'd think they'd get the tolerance down a bit better. Once you get used to a CTR stock, mil or comm, all others suck, unless you electo tape them into quietness.....

I haven't tried their MOE stocks out yet, but if they are tighter, they might save you some bucks for the poser look. I've wondered if I could submerge my rattling CAR stocks in boiling water with vise grips around them to tighten them up a bit, but the CTR makes it a waste of time. I've got three and looking to get another for my Stag.

I want a battle rifle, not a rattle rifle...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:54:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By msweet16:
If the back end of the tube is flat, it's mil-spec. (Stags are.) Angled, is commercial.

I just got in my Stag "group buy" M4 kit and, while every thing else is great, the 6 pos stock has to go. For mil-spec, you'd think they'd get the tolerance down a bit better. Once you get used to a CTR stock, mil or comm, all others suck, unless you electo tape them into quietness.....

I haven't tried their MOE stocks out yet, but if they are tighter, they might save you some bucks for the poser look. I've wondered if I could submerge my rattling CAR stocks in boiling water with vise grips around them to tighten them up a bit, but the CTR makes it a waste of time. I've got three and looking to get another for my Stag.

I want a battle rifle, not a rattle rifle...

Not entirely correct. Not all commercial spec tubes are angled at the rear. I've yet to see one that was.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 6:15:22 AM EDT by NVBGear]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:18:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Duckshack123:
I saw that already and I still don't know.

How to measure a tube?

Why guess or take someone else's word when you can just measure the tube yourself and know with 100% certainty whether it is mil-spec or commercial?
Top Top