Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2009 1:55:26 PM EDT
I want to put a CTR on my Stag Model 2 and I was unsure whether I'm suppsosed to get commercial or mil spec. I'm assuming commercial, but could someone comfirm this?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Click on this (Magpul page on how to identify milspec v. commercial receiver extensions).
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that already and I still don't know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's a factory stock complete Stag then you will need the mil-spec stock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, thanks the Stag site seems to say mil spec as well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
they are indeed mil-spec.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I had this same issue.  Larue's website says Stag is commercial.  I had talked to Denny where I ordered the kit from and he had said mil-spec so I got all confused.  I ended up calling Stag and they said mil-spec.  I wrote a message to Larue about their webiste having incorrect information on it but they haven't done anything about it yet (months ago).
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
When in doubt, send an email to Magpul.  It may take them a while to get back to you (their volume has been insane since the election), but they know which manufacturer uses which tube.  That being said, it seems a consensus here that Stag uses a milspec tube.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I just bought another CTR  this week. So unless my four Stags are flukes they are definitely mil-spec
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Stag tubes are Mil-Spec.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#10]
If the back end of the tube is flat, it's mil-spec. (Stags are.) Angled, is commercial.

I just got in my Stag "group buy" M4 kit and, while every thing else is great, the 6 pos stock has to go. For mil-spec, you'd think they'd get the tolerance down a bit better. Once you get used to a CTR stock, mil or comm, all others suck, unless you electo tape them into quietness.....

I haven't tried their MOE stocks out yet, but if they are tighter, they might save you some bucks for the poser look. I've wondered if I could submerge my rattling CAR stocks in boiling water with vise grips around them to tighten them up a bit, but the CTR makes it a waste of time. I've got three and looking to get another for my Stag.

I want a battle rifle, not a rattle rifle...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If the back end of the tube is flat, it's mil-spec. (Stags are.) Angled, is commercial.

I just got in my Stag "group buy" M4 kit and, while every thing else is great, the 6 pos stock has to go. For mil-spec, you'd think they'd get the tolerance down a bit better. Once you get used to a CTR stock, mil or comm, all others suck, unless you electo tape them into quietness.....

I haven't tried their MOE stocks out yet, but if they are tighter, they might save you some bucks for the poser look. I've wondered if I could submerge my rattling CAR stocks in boiling water with vise grips around them to tighten them up a bit, but the CTR makes it a waste of time. I've got three and looking to get another for my Stag.

I want a battle rifle, not a rattle rifle...

Not entirely correct. Not all commercial spec tubes are angled at the rear. I've yet to see one that was.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw that already and I still don't know.

How to measure a tube?

Why guess or take someone else's word when you can just measure the tube yourself and know with 100% certainty whether it is mil-spec or commercial?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top