Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2004 7:39:28 AM EST
So, how does one make the ultimate uber-reliable magazine? Labelle body, Magpul follower, chrome silicone spring...or should I just be happy that I can get plenty of Labelle's with green followers NIW?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:52:59 AM EST
Are you having any troubles? If it works, don't mess with it...buy some Labelles and go shooting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:54:18 AM EST
No, no troubles. Once I had some feeding problems with a beat up Parsons I bought. Changed the spring and put in a green follower and it's fine since. I have several Sanchez mags that were new when I bought them and they're great, too. The Labelle's I have are as nice as everybody says they are and very reliable. I'm just wondering if the spring and follower upgrades are worth the money. I was considering buying some from CMMG...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:59:22 AM EST
The only time I worry about changing the springs and followers is when I rebuild old mags. Then and only then to I bother with CS springs and Magpul followers. To date, I have not had any issues with new Labelles, Centers, Colts, Sanchez, Parson, or any other USGI mag. You should be able to pull them from the wrapper and have at it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:47:11 AM EST
After having some mags that work all the time, some mags that work all the time in some guns but not others, some mags that are always problematic, I put Magpul followers in everything and replaced any springs that were shorter than the rest. All mags now run 100% in all my guns, including the 3Gun "race gun".
[ link to LARGER image ]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:50:29 AM EST
Zak-Smith, you're my hero I want to be just like you when I grow up

Seriously, where do you get the Mag-pul followers from? That stash must have cost you a fortune!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:55:57 AM EST
Half of those USGI mags are Okays I just got from AmeriSurp or whatever they're called for $11 a piece... Oh yes...

-z
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:52:15 AM EST
I haven't done enough testing say for sure that they're uber-reliable, but I've built some steel 'Imperial Defense Services' mags with coyote Magpul followers and Wolff springs. (About $20/mag total cost)

They're so solid my D&H(Labelle) mags feel like toys in comparison.

Top Top