Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 2:50:30 PM EDT
I was selling some magazines on the EE (sold, don't bother), and I received an awful lot of interest for the magazine bodies, which is nice because those were all I really needed to get rid of.

The mags are postban, manufactured after 1994, not before.

Why would people be so interested in the bodies alone?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:54:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2007 9:44:32 PM EDT by FreedomIsNotFree]
Out here in CA, we are able to rebuild our pre-ban mags. The way the law works, as long as you dont end up with more mags than you started with, you can completely rebuild/replace the mags. Body, spring, follower, floor plate...can all be replaced...there needn't be any of the original parts on the mag.

One point worth mentioning, if mags capable of holding more than 10 rds. are going to be shipped to us here in CA, they must be disassembled. Both CProducts and 44mag are nice enough to accommodate us. Both companies are the real deal and actually looked into the law prior to "writing off" us CA AR owners...I cant speak highly enough about both companies.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:27:24 AM EDT
Do you need to keep the broken/worn out parts for proof?? Who keeps track of how many mags you start with? Is it Arnie??
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:58:43 PM EDT
Sounds like a good way to make all those doorstop USA brand magazines into something functional.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:06:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FreedomIsNotFree:
Out here in CA, we are able to rebuild our pre-ban mags. The way the law works, as long as you dont end up with more mags than you started with, you can completely rebuild/replace the mags. Body, spring, follower, floor plate...can all be replaced...there needn't be any of the original parts on the mag.

One point worth mentioning, if mags capable of holding more than 10 rds. are going to be shipped to us here in CA, they must be disassembled. Both CProducts and 44mag are nice enough to accommodate us. Both companies are the real deal and actually looked into the law prior to "writing off" us CA AR owners...I cant speak highly enough about both companies.

could you rebuild your old mags into new PMAGS?
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:18:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KurtVF:
Do you need to keep the broken/worn out parts for proof?? Who keeps track of how many mags you start with? Is it Arnie??

Nobody keeps track of how many you have. Basically, the only way you can get into trouble is if you tell on yourself. Not that I'm advocating anyone to break the law, but the law is virtually unenforceable unless you tell on yourself or were born in the year 2000.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 1:19:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JONNYROCKO:

Originally Posted By FreedomIsNotFree:

could you rebuild your old mags into new PMAGS?

Yes you can...if you can get Magpul, or another vendor, to disassemble the mags before sending them to you.
Top Top