Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/13/2005 10:56:45 AM EDT
I have a GL9 OLY and would like to have a mag release button installed on the flat magazine bar on my rifle. Entreprise Arms sells a mag button but the the bar obviously needs to be drilled for this to be mounted. Any suggestions who could do this work? Or can can I do it my self with a kit. I have no experience at all and have not even drilled for a scope mount or anything like it. Is this something for the local gun shop. Or does anybody have any ideas how to make the mag release larger or instal a button?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:29:09 AM EDT
Can you take the release off? It should be pretty easy with a drill press and tap. If you don't feel up to it, take it to a local gunsmith. I can't see them charging you more than $20.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:44:11 AM EDT
OLY did not send an owners manual specific to the GL9. So I dont think I could take it apart without screwing something up. Its not as easy as a regular AR button. I will most likely take it to a local shop unless someone else gives me a better solution. Thanks Brushdog..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:19:55 AM EDT
The only advice I can offer is to be careful who you let work on it. Since this is not a very common rifle and magazine release, the gunsmith may not know too much more about it than you do. I would be sure and ask lots of questions and maybe even ask to be there and watch him do the work.

Just something to think about.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:59:56 AM EDT
I got some basic info on how the mag release comes off now so hopefully a gunsmith can drill and tap a hole for the new button. I will post the results. Thanks all.
Top Top