Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 10:56:45 AM EDT
I have a GL9 OLY and would like to have a mag release button installed on the flat magazine bar on my rifle. Entreprise Arms sells a mag button but the the bar obviously needs to be drilled for this to be mounted. Any suggestions who could do this work? Or can can I do it my self with a kit. I have no experience at all and have not even drilled for a scope mount or anything like it. Is this something for the local gun shop. Or does anybody have any ideas how to make the mag release larger or instal a button?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you take the release off?  It should be pretty easy with a drill press and tap.  If you don't feel up to it, take it to a local gunsmith.  I can't see them charging you more than $20.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
OLY did not send an owners manual specific to the GL9.  So I dont think I could take it apart without screwing something up.  Its not as easy as a regular AR button.  I will most likely take it to a local shop unless someone else gives me a better solution.  Thanks Brushdog..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The only advice I can offer is to be careful who you let work on it. Since this is not a very common rifle and magazine release, the gunsmith may not know too much more about it than you do. I would be sure and ask lots of questions and maybe even ask to be there and watch him do the work.

Just something to think about.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I got some basic info on how the mag release comes off now so hopefully a gunsmith can drill and tap a hole for the new button.  I will post the results.  Thanks all.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top