Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2004 3:19:55 AM EDT
They are only getting cheaper...$20 new,$16 refinished,some shipped free,some not. How low will they go? I think if the sunset comes,retail prices will hover around $10 I bet. Anyone else with a opinion? As Flounder said on Animal House..."Oh Boy".
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They are only getting cheaper...$20 new,$16 refinished,some shipped free,some not. How low will they go? I think if the sunset comes,retail prices will hover around $10 I bet. Anyone else with a opinion? As Flounder said on Animal House..."Oh Boy".

$14 is as low as they will go.

FB
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I really don't see them going much lower than they are now.  Maybe, after September when more are placed on the market, we may see them come down some but I can't see them going any lower than what LEO mags are going for now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Fortunately, I took a short position in the Mag Futures Market!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
These people dont seem to think so.

www.deltaforce.com/

on the top of the home page scroll down to page 12
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently got a Delta Force catalog and as soon as I saw those mag prices, I tossed it in the trash.  Didn't even bother to look at prices on anything else.  What a joke.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
At the gun show this weekend in Raleigh, a dealer had two huge boxes of new in the wrapper USGI
contract Parsons mags for 19.95 each. They had black followers but I still thought that was a pretty good deal so I bought three. There were also a bunch of the British SA-80's going for 15.00.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
after the AWB sunsets, all the mags out now should continue to drop in price, since they will just be used mags.  the new ones though i would expect to be around  $20
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Let me play the devil's advocate and ask what will happen to the price if they come up with a new AWB? I know that chances are good that it will sunset, but just asking what you think on the price, not the ban.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought 7 more mags for 10 bucks a piece...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought 15 Colt 20's, function great but need refinished,several months back for $14 each. Seemed fair and it costs very little to refinish them. Hell as far as range mags go I can leave them as they are.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just bought 7 more mags for 10 bucks a piece...

One word:  WHERE?

The best I've been able to do is $12.50 for decent FN, Colt, and Labelle 30-rounders...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

www.deltaforce.com/

AR15 G.I. 30rd Mags
Item # ZM30AR15
$79.95 $59.95 On Sale!

That is double the most I ever paid for a #30.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#13]
The "colt" mags on the site are $80.  I dont know why companies think they can charge more for a colt mag just because it says colt, colt never made any mags they were contracted out by the same companies that made USGI mags.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I can understand the drop in price of the 30 round magazines since they are still being made and will merely be put on the market without the LEO markings.  20 round magazines are a different story.  Why are they going down?  They are no longer made.  I don't see why anyone would want to invest in the tooling to make them.  Even though we have 10s of thousands of members on this board, the AR market is still a minority portion of the entire firearms industry.  It would be difficult to match the quality - especially with the alloy followers - of the product made over 30 years ago and subsidized by the taxpayer.  You then have to market them at a price point where people would buy them and you would still make money.  Maybe if the original tooling were bought for pennies on the dollar and put back into use you could afford to do it.  Where is that tooling, anyway?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought a couple cases of LE restricted 20 rd mags recently for an agency. The price was $11.95 each for them and they were made by NHMTG. They are identical to the Colt 20 rd mags. The LE restricted 30 rd mags were $11.50 each case price
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:22:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

www.deltaforce.com/

HOLY SHIT!

I fell out of my cubicle when I saw this!!!  These guys are completely insane.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let me play the devil's advocate and ask what will happen to the price if they come up with a new AWB? I know that chances are good that it will sunset, but just asking what you think on the price, not the ban.

I've heard a fairly credible theory that the AWB is being allowed to sunset this election year because both parties want to keep gun control issues out of play.  The thinking is that there are no votes to be gained from working these issues while there's plenty of votes to be lost.

Personally, $20 for new LaBelle's delivered to my door is good enough for me.  If the price drops significantly lower, I'll just have to get more mags to "buy down" my average price per mag.  

My personal prediction is that if new LE Colt 30rnd mags are going for ~$12 in bulk, then the price should go under $10 each after the sunset because of the larger market base, increased demand and larger production runs.

-Frank
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I bought a couple cases of LE restricted 20 rd mags recently for an agency. The price was $11.95 each for them and they were made by NHMTG. They are identical to the Colt 20 rd mags. The LE restricted 30 rd mags were $11.50 each case price

Thanks.  That is the first time I had heard of an LEO restricted 20 round magazine.  Maybe NHMTG ended up with the tooling.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#19]
It's good to see we all agree on one thing...that is,keep buying more!!! I never bought them for more than $25 a piece. But years ago I was appalled at the price's as they rose past  $6.95! So,like milk prices these days,it will find a newer price range and hover till the next political move. We carry $1k rifles and bitch at $25 mag prices...we can't help it,we're just men!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#20]
We sell NMHTG marked 20 and 30 round magazines, and have for over 4 years.  Right now supply of LEO magazines is limited due to Govt. purchases taking up most of the production.  Once the ban sunsets, prices will go up, for the short term then level off.  The demand will increase, but supplies will stay the same.  Good quality mags will be no less than $18, 20 or 30 round.  I get an allocation each month and consider myself lucky to get that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I feel your pain. I thought I was getting ripped off buying NIW 30 rounders for $6 and used 20 rounders for $3. The first time there was a rumor of a high-cap ban, I ran to the gun show and bought all the $2 and $3 20 rounders anybody had. Tupelo had a real small show in 1990. I also snatched up as many high cap Ruger 10/22 mags I could find. My local dealer thought I was crazy that I bought two extra mags for my Calico for $35! Now she's got a customer with a busted mag that she insured for $200 to ship it for repair. I still cry about $19 75 round AK drums.<sniff>
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
20 round magazines are a different story.  Why are they going down?  They are no longer made.  I don't see why anyone would want to invest in the tooling to make them.  

I know someone already answered this, but tooling of this type will not often just disappear. Somone has it, they just need incentive to get it on the machine to run the parts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  That is the first time I had heard of an LEO restricted 20 round magazine.  Maybe NHMTG ended up with the tooling.

You're saying that the NHMTG 20rd mags are the straight ones? Then there's at least one other mag maker out there, cuz where's Bushmaster getting their curved 20rd LE mags?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Fortunately, I took a short position in the Mag Futures Market!

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#25]
And there are still alot of preban mags out there.
I say price will drop to $12/mag.
As AW ban death approaches expect preban mag prices to drop hard as those holding them begin to get worried about their ability to unload them. Further demand will drop prior to the ban. I figure that'll be a good time to buy.
Further, LEO mags will become available and manufacturers/dealers will tool up and stock up prior to 9/14.

Plenty of room for optimism IMO.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I bet there is still crap load of mag left, with time they will all come out of the woods
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:30:27 AM EDT
[#27]
It seems Moncrie is leading the price crash on EE with  new unwrapped 30's @ $15 a piece. His LEO mags are even lower! Maybe I've started a revolution...I was going to buy some used ones this past week,but went out of country for a bit. I'll just wait a lil' bit longer...
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
.... where's Bushmaster getting their curved 20rd LE mags?

Cut down 30's are used to make a number of 10, 20 rounders.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Maybe I've started a revolution...

Maybe you have!  Keep talking until NIB pre-ban Beta CMag's are $250.

This makes me really glad I dumped all my "investment" hi-caps back in the late '90's for roughly a 400% profit...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#30]
THe LE 20 round mags are exactly the same as the Okay/Universal/Colts, straight bods with black plastic followers.  NHTMG baseplates.  THe company I buy them from  is in CA and has the mag bodies made in Connecticut (sound familiar?).  Also CMMG is offering traight non-LEO replacement bodies soon, similar to the ones they had last year but not teflon.  The unfortunate thing about the NHTMG 20rdrs is that they do not have the metal followers like the military ones from the late 1960s/early 70s did; the plastic ones are just like the ones Colt put in their last civvy 20 rounders basically same mag, no UI/CH marking, and a different baseplate.  I've ordered several LE 20s and 30s and found them to be "Okay" (pun intended!).
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#31]
How many days left till sunset? Still hovering @ $20 a piece. Got a flyer in the mail and they want $59 for a Colt 30 rounder...are they out of their mind? Oh,if you order 4,you can save $5 a mag! Get bent!!! I'll just keep the faith that we'll see them @ $6.95 again...hehehe. Doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#32]
DPMS, DSA, BM sell their leo's for about $16-20.  I've seen new leo mags are $10 to $12 around here.  I imagine after the ban they will be $12 for a new one and around $8 for a used one.  I wouldn't pay more than that anyways.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.deltaforce.com/

AR15 G.I. 30rd Mags
Item # ZM30AR15
$79.95 $59.95 On Sale!

That is double the most I ever paid for a #30.

I bet someone is buying them.  Not me but someone.  

Colt_SBR

Link Posted: 6/26/2004 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I met two guys who rented space at a local gun show and were selling their gun shop and all supplies.They were selling "new" Parsons and Centerline 30's for 10 dollars a piece.I bought 1 mag but got spooked when they showed me an alleged "new"30 round colt for 15 dollars...the feed lips were destroyed.Unbelievably worn.In retrospect,I should have purchased at least 10 parsons mags and inspected them thoroughly. Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I met two guys who rented space at a local gun show and were selling their gun shop and all supplies.They were selling "new" Parsons and Centerline 30's for 10 dollars a piece.I bought 1 mag but got spooked when they showed me an alleged "new"30 round colt for 15 dollars...the feed lips were destroyed.Unbelievably worn.In retrospect,I should have purchased at least 10 parsons mags and inspected them thoroughly. Oh well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2004 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Cheapiest LEO mags i've seen adver. NIW LEO 9.95each .    SHTGN Newz
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Shotgun News? You gotta do better than that...We want Name,address and all the particulars. C'mon! Help a brother out!
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Now if the ban sunsets will mags ( AR15 and handgun mags) that say LEO on them be legal for the general public to own?

I also have 7 Glocks, and I know there are TONS of LEO only high-caps out there. I was just wondering if I will be able to snatch those after the ban
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I was able to get a couple of cases of new LEO mags a few months back for $9.95 each, so $10 a piece after the ban when bought in bulk might not be far fetched.

Link Posted: 6/28/2004 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Well hell yes the mag market is crashing. Last couple of gunshows there were very few mag sales. ALL these dealers that have been hording hi cap mags all these years are about to eat them, don't expect them to cut their losses anytime soon. After the sunset expect to see LEO mags prices go up, just because its marked LEO makes it worth more money don't cha know [sarcasm] I fully expect AR mags will still fall in price some more Dont expect Beta mags to fall in price lower than what their LEO's are right now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#42]
So how close were we?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I got 10 new Bushmaster teflons for $14.50 today, from my LE distributor. That was the same price they have been selling for the last couple of years. They are almost out of formerly-LEO mags in all varieties. They had also sold out out flat top Bushmaster LE M4-type carbines, and sold three ARs of various types while I was there. I almost bought an LE6920 for $782. Good times are back...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I would think that regular price will settle at about $12. Good sales will get them under $10. And if supply really takes off, the price could get as low as $8 in bulk.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Good post repub18, deltaforce is asking $30 for the English mags. These are good mags, but this is almost 3 times what I paid for them!! I thing that says aa lot about their pricing.

Quoted:

www.deltaforce.com/

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Tapco cheep $$$$$$$

Mine will be delivered tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I only hope that those holding the 20 & 30 round mags CHOKE on them! I got your your 400% + profit "RIGHT HERE"!
I'm only a user of  AR mags. All that I own were under $10. IF I buy anymore, they will be of ONLY BRAND NEW manufacture. No matter what the "ORGINIAL" GI magazine contractors charge for their mags after RESTARTING their machinery. Crank'em out boys!
As to the Senitors/Congressmen/ President Bush only letting this AWB slide because it's election year, maybe so for the DEMOCRAPS but to the honest, living on the planet earth politician with common sence, it was ONLY a farse in stopping crime. To the DEMOCRAPS who made their position known, it was a START!  Now it is "THEIR" set back!
I honestly believe that Kerry is the Democrap's fall guy. Bush is too popular for Hillery for President this year. Look out for her in 2008! Be sure to vote this year for G.W. Bush  in the event I'm wrong. Do not let your guard down. VOTE!  Your vote will give the supporters of the AWB something to think about in the future on local, state and national political levels!

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#50]
$9.95 locally.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top