Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 1:12:18 AM EDT
How about someone put some pics up so us know-nothings can identify which manufacturers we really have. The tell tale signs like spotwelds and such. Maybe Troy could help with a FAQ?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's see, where to start.  If you have an alumium mag, minimum of 6 spot welds, black or green follower, and a brand name floor plate, YOU HAVE A USGI.  Floor plates can be mixed up a bit from mag to mag so I don't think there are any tall tale sings if what manufacture you might have just by looking at the mag body.  All are made to the same spec.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
C'mon rackedAK??? Just wanted to add some excitement to the hobby! Guys on this page want to know every detail so they can share it with their buds over a beer. Let's see,most of us already know some about mag I.D.'s. 6P199=Center Industries,etc. We know that baseplates get mixed up. Just testing the waters here to see if anyone will go the extra bit to get out the info? I'm sure someone out there has a NIW mag from each USGI spec manufacturer? So let's see the comparison. It's all just more fun to be added to the hobby.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this what you are looking for?

[url=http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/magazines/makerinfo.html]Biggerhammer FAQ[/url]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
biggerhammer FAQ only shows pics of the floorplates...I want to see pics of welds that set every manufacturer apart!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top