Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 2/21/2013 9:23:42 AM EDT
I can get some for my 30-round mags at about $6 each (plus shipping). Does anyone think that this is a good deal?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 9:48:51 AM EDT
yes, extra springs and followers are always a good idea. springs are more important than the followers though. followers don't really wear out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 10:22:21 AM EDT
If you wait a few months you will likely be able to buy whole mags for $6 again. Unless you don't think you'll be able to buy any mags again at that point.

But that's up to you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 4:33:38 PM EDT
Before things went crazy CDNN used blow them out on sale for $2.99 all the time. IIRC their kits consisted of a green follower, mag spring, and floor plate.

I cannot find them on their site now but if things return back to "normal" I do not see why they would not bring them back.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:55:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JadeRaven:
If you wait a few months you will likely be able to buy whole mags for $6 again. Unless you don't think you'll be able to buy any mags again at that point.

But that's up to you.

This.

Why buy mag kits when you could have whole mags.

When parts fail on your mags (unlikely) you can cannibalize them for parts. The whole mag has all of the parts.

Mags are disposable goods.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 12:56:10 PM EDT

But that's up to you.

This.

Why buy mag kits when you could have whole mags.

When parts fail on your mags (unlikely) you can cannibalize them for parts. The whole mag has all of the parts.

Mags are disposable goods.

This X2.

I did get in on those CDNN $2.99 deals a while back for 3 spring/follower kits, but to be honest when push comes to shove I'd probably just end up cannibalizing parts from other mags if I had to.

Magpul put's their mags officially at a 60,000 round service life. I'm sure USGI are in that ball park, though I've never seen any official specification. If you're getting through 60,000 rounds on one mag, you've got a supply line that can more than likely provide you new mags.

Top Top