Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:56:02 PM EDT
Which is better magazine coupler- the Mag Cinch, or the mag grip??  

http://www.buffertech.com/stores/1/AR-15_MAG_CINCH_for_30_Round_M_P74C3.cfm?UserID=281675&jsessionid=8c305bfff78d$CF$D4$1

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.nwtactical.net/sess/utn;jsessionid=15443061d9057de/shopdata/index.shopscript
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the cinch, but I wouldn't recommend either.
1.  The odd (outside) mag may start to strip the top round from the recoil.  This makes it impossible to reload with that mag without resetting the round.
2.  You have to stagger the mags.  The right mag will have to be lower to clear the ejection port/dust cover and that means the two mags won't even fit in a triple-mag USGI carrier.

I had the Mag-Cinch for a while and, while they held solidly, they weren't practical.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:37:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Israeli mag coupler with 100 mph tape for additional retention.

I've never had SAMPLE'S problem of the top round moving out, but I've heard of it happening.

The Israeli unit positions the mags appropriately so you don't have to figger out where they should sit in the coupler.  It's not very expensive.  And I only run one of them.  It sits in my Home D gun.  The rest of my mags are individual.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a first SAMCO one for a while, It did its job fine but I decided I didn't like having two mags together. The top round of the spare mag like trying to slip out and it was HEAVY
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess we all buy one, once.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

well said

(first samco, best part of buying it was knowing i didnt want to buy another)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I bought one for $4 at a gun show this weekend, it looks just like the mag grip one, it was extremely easy to put on and was rock solid.  The 2 mag thing is a great idea in thought but I'm not so sure about in reality.  I think at certain times they would be good but what the hell do I know I bought it yesterday and I'm an arm chair commando (but not for long)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
87% of us are armchair commandos, and I bought one awhile back.  I found it bulky and annoying.  I switched to a buttstock pouch from Spector instead.  Well-made, and ambidextrous to boot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Does the Spector pouch allow you to operate the charging handle when the stock is fully collapsed?  I have the Spec-Ops version and love it, but I have to extend the stock to use the charging handle.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top