Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2007 4:06:54 AM EDT
1.) I just ordered a magazine feed lip repair tool from Brownells to fix some of my old less reliable mags. Has anyone had any luck with this tool and process? Years ago i tried the old pliers and wound up cracking one of them...no problem, I just had a friend in the biz swap one out with a new one in the armory. Well as luck would have it, I've lost that special person to a move and doubt if i could ever find a preban to swap it out.

2.) I also ordered a can of that Aluma-Hyde II in Desert Tan. Any problems with that stuff. Last stuff i used just flaked off in area where there was contact. I have bought some Perma-silk, but haven't tried it yet. I want to see if the mag repair tool works first.

Thanks fellow members, I'm just another guy trapped here in NY trying to keep the sanity.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Aluma hyde II is kind of thick and you have to watch for fitting problems that might occur. Also for me I found the part coated with it needs to set at least a week before use. Longer the better.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Do the regs allow you to buy repair parts for your mag body repairs?
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
1. I have not tried the feed lip repair tool but if it doesn't work you can get replacement magazine bodies to repair your prebans from CMMG and Cproducts

2. Aluma-Hyde II is good but takes a long time to fully dry (3 to 4 weeks)
acetone works well to degrease the mags before spraying them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 2:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I've got plenty of bodies for replacement, but if I can get one to work, why retire it? The law is so gray with loopholes...it ought to just go away!
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
If you replace the bodies just save the old ones.  The replacements probably won't have dates so it would be hard to get into trouble.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Still waiting for package from Brownell's...gonna rain all week, so I can depend on "Brown" to get it to me then as they leave my stuff out in the rain every time. I don't even think the driver gets out of the truck! "Wiiiiiiiing", goes my package on the lawn!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top