Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/28/2004 12:36:33 PM EST
Ok, I'm a mag retard. I can build any rifle you want, but when it comes to mags, my experience is somewhat limited. I started to run torture test on some of my older mags to see if I could make them fail. Well, two did. Both had multiple and repeatable FTF with less than 10rds in the mag. I'm thinking it's time for a new spring. While I got the mag apart, I decide to change the black followers to green. Other than finish wear, the mag bodies are 99%+.

My question after all of that is: Should I expect 100% performance out of these rebuilt mags or do I have to "break them in" with another torture test to work any bugs out of them.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:03:38 PM EST
Try them out and see ,If the feedlips good then they should be good you are replacing everything else with new parts !!! Get new springs!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:43:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By tooly:
Try them out and see ,If the feedlips good then they should be good you are replacing everything else with new parts !!! Get new springs!!!

Thanks for the info. I put new springs in with the green followers. I was wondering if they are good out of the gate or do they need a break in period before I call them reliable.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:16:47 AM EST
They should be good form the "Git Go" if the feed lips are ok. I wouldn't trust any mag, even if new, until fully tested though.
Top Top