Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:31:33 PM EDT
Hey Mag-Pul;
  Marty is doing a .500 Phantom build for me on the DPMS platform which will or course mean using DPMS LR-308 mags.  Nice mags I might add.  Here's the rub though.  Just like with my .458 SOCOM I have a problem loading rounds in the mag without tipping the first round down and jamming up the follower, that is until I replaced all my GI followers with the Mag-Pul anti-tilt.  
Now, I bet you can guess where this is going.  
Tonight while loading dummy .500 Phantom rounds in the LR-308 mag I kept jamming up the follower. Those rounds do not want to slide back under the lips unless you push down on them and 8 times out of ten I dip the follower down too far and jam it up momentarily.  With the .500 P, unlike the .458 SOCOM, I can jam it up on even the second and third round.  So, I think you can plainly see that I need some Mag-Pul anti-tilt followers for the DPMS LR-308.
With the popularity of the DPMS gaining in light of the Bushy failure with their .308 and probably (IMO) the same results with the RR .308, what are the chances of you running off a bunch of anti-tilts for the DPMS LR-308?
Please help this fumble-fingered old man keep from jamming up his magazines.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey
Get in line
I have been begging for AR10 follwers for some time now
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to know.  At least I am not alone wanting some.  The more who ask the more likely they will be making some.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm also in line.

I finally got some magpull ATs  for my 458 mags- Man I’m a dubmass for waiting for so long. I cant believe Marty didnt tell me to get some of the beauties to go with the 458 upper. It makes a huge difference. I can sympathize with ya and that bid ole 50 round.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish that they would sell the beowulf followers seperately
Would buy a dozen of them for SOCOM mags
Chris
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
DPMS mags are SR25 mags so I would think this is a natural step for Magpul.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the Dpms mags
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top