Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:35:52 PM EDT
Is there a general reference for the different mag pouches anywhere? (not sure if this should have been posted under mags or not)

What I'm thinking of is a listing showing the general types available, and who might make them, so if someone wondered "who makes this pouch?" they could quickly find out...

thanks,
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:32:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 1:02:08 PM EDT by bjwar10]
These would be a couple of good places to start...fairly complete and lists manufacturer. THe one you show is simply a GI issue M16 mag pouch.

www.optactical.com/mollepouches.html

lightfighter.com/istar.asp?a=3&dept=POUCHE
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:37:38 AM EDT
that helps, much obliged, there appear to be a whole lot of slightly different designs out there, and trying to sort out what is what can be a bit of a challenge - reason for the question is trying to figure out what pouches would work with 30 rd w/ranger plates, the picture in the original post showed a triple pouch with ranger plate equipped mags in a pouch (but not necessarily showing the pouch would close, and it is different than this M16 pouch (which may or may not fit anyway (saw this model which is magpull compatible (am guessing the velcro flap would accomodate different lengths readily, while a conventional top flap might be a tight fit... then there is the question of which designs keep crud out better...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:11:31 PM EDT

The GI issue pouch in your original post should close with the plates installed. Any surplus store should have them in stock. Just make sure they are not cheap foreign knock-offs. If they look really new they are probably not issue. They do have grenade pouches on the side which is basically a waste of space for most of us.

I use a few of the GI pouches on one rig and some of the Spec Ops X-4 pouches on another. I tend to like the full flap so I can use the pouch for other things if I need to.
Top Top