Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:40:32 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a couple mag clamps for a 3 gun match this spring.  I tried a couple searches but didn't see any topics on this....at least topics that were still active.  I'm ordering ranger plates but would like to know the best way to clamp mags side-by-side?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
not worth it. I have seen more guys tank a stage due to rounds sliding out of the mag from recoil. They waste more time trying to feed a mag that has rounds sticking out than it would of taken to load from the belt.

If you want to spend money and have a ready mag there look at buying a ready mag system. they kep the rounds in the magazine and your fresh mag is right there.

Me I spent the money on a beta c saves on reloads.

edit for link

redi-mag
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't shoot 3 gun matches but from what I know about mag couplers they are more trouble than they are worth.  They seem like a good idea but that's about it .
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a Mag Cinch and liked the fact that it was sturdy and did not scratch the mags.

HOWEVER, I did eventually take it off because I found it too bulky and  impractical.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  I guess I'll just stick to the mag pouches.  Sounded like a good idea at first glance!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an ISRAELI mag clamp with 100 mph tape.  

It adds bulk for sure, but since it's my Home D weapon and I don't sleep with mag pouches on, it's worth it.  I also run two lights on my carbean.  Everything I need has to be in one package because in an emergency you won't have time to put all that ghey tactical stuff on.  You have to Grab and Go.

I can't imagine the recoil on an AR being enough to slide the top round on a fully loaded mag forward.  I've never had it happen.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It adds bulk for sure, but since it's my Home D weapon and I don't sleep with mag pouches on, it's worth it.  I also run two lights on my carbean.  Everything I need has to be in one package because in an emergency you won't have time to put all that ghey tactical stuff on.  You have to Grab and Go.

I can't imagine the recoil on an AR being enough to slide the top round on a fully loaded mag forward.  I've never had it happen.

+1 what demigod said...IDF mag couplers are simple and practical.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 what demigod said...IDF mag couplers are simple and practical.

Pic(s)???

TS
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top