Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2004 8:41:39 AM EST
I just received my LPK from JT Distributing. Although they said their parts are made by the same Co. that make Colt parts, there are no markings on the parts at all. Not a slam, just an observation. Quality and finish of these parts seem to be of a very high quality.

Now on to my question, the mag catch button is smooth on both sides, shouldn't one side be grooved or serrated(sp) for finger grip? And if so, should I return it?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:56:31 AM EST
I've never seen a smooth mag catch button; doesn't mean they don't exist, only that I've never seen one. I'd e-mail, and ask for a swap.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:11:54 AM EST
I emailed them, haven' heard back yet. Definitely looks like a reject was allowed to get into the supply chain somewhere along the line.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:42:19 AM EST
FYI, the parts I have seen from JT had M marked hammers, one C marked disonnector, and I believe M marked triggers. Mag catches were serated.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:34:52 AM EST
Looked at my trigger, hammer and disconnector pretty close and couldn't see any markings at all on them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:01:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By M4bangr:
Looked at my trigger, hammer and disconnector pretty close and couldn't see any markings at all on them.

Which is one of the major problems with ALL the aftermarket suppliers, except possibly Bushmaster. They get their pieces from whoever has some this week; so this weeks stuff might be just fine, while the stuff they get next week from somebody else is crap.

I've personally seen this with both DPMS and Rock River innards, and have seen posts on the subject (including this thread) on just about every other aftermarket supplier.
Top Top