Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:59:49 PM EDT
I have heard that the AR15 PRS will not work on the 308 because it interferes with the charging handle.

Anyone have any firsthand knowledge of this?  Can I work around it?  Or mod the stock myself?  Got a good deal working on a used PRS but I dont want my good deal to be a POS!

Thanks,

B
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe there is a PRS setup for use on AR-10 rifles available if you go the new route. Otherwise you could probably whack off just enough of the leading edge of the cheekpiece so that the CH would clear it.

K
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Slash,

Were you using it as a precision rifle or in a carbine role?  I will be using mine as an intermediate range precision rifle, so weight is not as big a deal...

The cheekpiece issue does concern me.  What sort of optic did you use?

B
Link Posted: 3/29/2007 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The ar15 PRS stock will work on a 308 rifle, IF the cheekpiece is adjusted down ALL the way. You may luck out and get an adequate cheekweld with the lowest adjustment. I know two people running armalite ar-10s and nightforce NXS 56mm bell scopes with a badger ord setup for canted & extended rail and badger ord rings. I guess its a trial and error thing, or just suck it up and buy a 308 version of PRS.

If all else fails just buy the 223 version and keep for "future tradeing material" or a future 223 build. Just a thought.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top