Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2017 8:14:16 PM EDT
Hello all. I"m just about finished with my MK12 Mod0 SPR build. The last part I was going to get is the A.R.M.S #40 Low Profile rear BUIS However I Have a 20" A4 AR-15 flatop rifle with a MaTech Mil-Spec Rear Back-up Iron Sight and I'm thinking of just taking that off my A4 and putting it on my SPR. This will SAVE me $129.00.

https://www.amazon.com/MaTech-Mil-Spec-Back-up-Iron-Sight/dp/B002E6SXN4?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Will the Ma Tech Rear BUIS work with the PRI Flip-up front Iron site?

https://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186686&CAT=4292

I have a A2 detachable Carry handle I can install on the A4 to replace the Ma Tech. What to you think. Will the Ma Tech get in the way of any Optic on the SPR?

I have the Nikon M223 3-12x 42 SF Rifle scope in a American Defense AD-RECON mount that I was going to transfer to the SPR and use the A4 with the detachable carry handle to practice with the Iron sights.

You prompt replies will be appreciated
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It will work, and will clear. Just won't be correct but you know that already. I agree they're about half the price.That's also the wrong scope and mount, so why not just take your time and build it correct, you've come this far!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will work, and will clear. Just won't be correct but you know that already. I agree they're about half the price
View Quote

Minor correction to this post. Since it is going on a Mod 0 , there is not enough clearance for the matech unless the rear of the sleeve has been machined or filed. If you have an ARMS #38, you'll take a larger hit on value to the #38 than you would save by using the matech. If you have a PRi sleeve on the rifle, then it isn't as big a deal if you modify that.

Please don't modify an ARMS #38.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top