Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 8:54:40 PM EDT

I am looking to buy some new complete uppers for 2 AR15 builds I am doing. JT Distibuting and M&A parts seem to have the best prices for Govt Contractor complete barreled uppers - about $370 for an A2/A3 complete 1:7 barreled upper including bolt, Carrier & charging handle. These are the best prices I have seen, they say they are FN Herstal uppers.

Has anybody done business with them, or bought any of their uppers or kits?

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
J&T seems to have good stuff. I have one of their M4 Type stocks and it's fine; exacxt same as the bushie and Rock River versions, because made by the same sub contractor[:D]. They also carry a fair amount of Colt stuff, so you have the option of mixing and matching, if you're so inclined, without having to go to two different sources.

Re the M4 type uppers, I don't know what they are currently saying about them, but I promise you, FN did NOT make them. J&T's owner came on the site awhils back and gave us a bunch of doubletalk to explain their listing them under the FN name.  Total BS.

That being said, their uppers seem as good as anyone elses, so if you want to deal with them go ahead.  Just don't buy into the FN BS[:D]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have bought both.  The M&A has the correct barrel finish, but otherwise J&T is superior.  A lot of the M&A spring were gunked up and had to be replaced, and the parts were inferior.  J&T's stuff was new, and had Colt fire control components.  The M&A gun jammed a lot, and took some tinkering to get it to function correctly.  It eventually became reliable after a hundred rounds and much frustration.  The J&T upper I had was the only upper I have NEVER had jam.

No question in my mind, go J&T.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top