Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/27/2003 9:16:27 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with an M & A parts kit? Specifically, the Varmint model?

Zirc
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:39:57 AM EDT
I just purchased an 16" A2 upper that is from M&A. It has a forged front sight, 5.56 chamber Wilson non-chrome 1x9 twist barrel. It has a mock A2 faux flash hider pressed on the end of the barrel so it looks more like a 14.5" instead of a 16", it's kinda cool looking! The upper also has that graphite coating on the inside like my buddy's Bushmaster. Color match is good as it's mated to an Oly lower. The upper to lower fit is tight with no wobble. Range test to follow soon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:27:29 AM EDT
i had the same question when i was shopping for an upper, finally went with rock river because i really couldnt find anyone running m-a. tons of people running rra and all seem to be happy. same price as m-a if you go through RBPRECISION.COM  both use wilson barrels.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:49:38 AM EDT
Bought the 20" varmint kit about a year ago, everything was ok. From the bench shot .378" 3 shot groups w/ Win. 55gr. psp's & 25.0 gr. H335. Have seen some pretty shoddy kits come from there recently i.e. handguards that were definatly seconds if not 3ds. Fire controll parts out of spec. Would not reply to e-mail/calls reguarding problems. I have never heard anything bad about J&T & will be using them next time. Just my .02

........Paul
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:18:37 PM EDT
Thanks, folks. You've helped a lot. It's probably sound advice to spend a little bit more and get "name brand" parts like RRA. I appreciate the heads up on RB Precision.

Zirc
Top Top