Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 5:05:15 AM EST
Sorry if this is a dupe, nothing came up in search.

Has anyone used M-Pro 7 products? Worth your money or a bunch of hype?

I've tried the cleaner once or twice, and it seems to work well. I haven't used any of the other products though. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

What's your favorite cleaner? Favorite oil?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:11:30 PM EST
Mpro7 is an extreemly good cleaner just don't get it on wood finishes.

Still trying to decide which oil to use!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:01:40 PM EST
MP-7 cleaner is good stuff.But expensive.
The bore/powder solvent I use the most on real nasty bores is Hoppe's #9 or Mil-comm's MC-25 cleaner.
For heavy copper I use Sweets7.62 or BoreTech Benchrest Blend.
For corrosive ammo and black powder I use MPC's CAC-10.
Normal everyday cleaning I just use Firepower FP-10 clp.
My lubes of choice is Firepower FP-10 CLP and Mil-comm's TW-25B,MC-2500 oil.
Raymond
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:19:06 PM EST
I Use the Crap out of MPro-7 simply because the the safety Nazi's controll what I use at work.

The stuff ain't bad!!!!
In fact I have few complaints.

the "other" version of Mpro-7 is "X-it" which I have used in the several sonic tank cleaners I seem to be harnessed to.

Same stuff different name.

It does nothing for metal fouling however, so the Sweets 7.62 has gone through the painfull process of getting accepted.

MPro-7 works as well as Hoppe's in my experience.

It's one advantage is that it is non toxic.

Have also used Simple green and MC-25 and have found the effectiveness to be about the same.

Though MC-25 approaches a neutral PH much better.

Hope this helps!
S-28
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:29:26 PM EST
You guys that have used MC-25 cleaner, does it hurt wood finishes and strip it like Mpro7?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:47:01 PM EST
Thing I like about M Pro 7 is it doesn't stink up the place like a lot of other cleaners
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:47:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:
You guys that have used MC-25 cleaner, does it hurt wood finishes and strip it like Mpro7?

I have not seen any negative effects on wood finishes like True oil,Tung or BLO.Its a mild surfactant water based cleaner and is not that harsh.Has a slight perfume/powder type smell to it.
Like I said its water based and therefore is like water...not thick like M-pro7.
Being water based and the fact that it strips all the lube off the metal corrosion is concern.So when you use it to clean wipe the sureface dry and lube immediately.
The main reason I use it is Mil-comm recommends it to be used with thier lubes,plus its $16.00 per pint and works very good.
Raymond
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:11:28 PM EST
Thanks Blankwaffe! How odes it(MC-25) work on copper and lead?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:45:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:
Thanks Blankwaffe! How odes it(MC-25) work on copper and lead?

It does nothing for copper or lead.It only cleans powder fouling and oils from the surface...and it does it really well by the way.
Raymond
Top Top