Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:49:35 AM EDT
Just picked up a 32oz. bottle of M-PRO 7. Should I just spray it down the bore like they recommend or use a traditional jag and patch approach? Does M-PRO put this in a spray bottle so I'll blow right through it and buy more or does it need to be used in greater quantities to be effective? And, since it is supposedly the same thing as Hoppes Elite, why doesn't Hoppes Elite come in spray bottles?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Hoppes elite does come in  spray bottles. I just bought a 8 floz pump spray at gander mountain. I was a week late as they had there entire stock of 32 oz spray bottles marked down 75% from 26 bucks a bottle.

I wet (soaking) a patch run it thru on a loop.  I spray one pump down the bore and wait 5 mins.
Spray a brush run it 5 times. and dry patch.

This is for a 45 cal pistol bore.

Ar I dont spray just run to wet patches down and wait. then same as above.

Would really like to know just what the difference is between the 2.

I herd Hoppes is a better cleaner, and M Pro 7 is a better condition.

I like the no smell cleaner.

I wonder how this stuff would work as a cooking pot cleaner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I always transfer M-Pro 7 to a dropper bottle and never spray it. I use too much as is without wasting any. BSW
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top