Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:01:36 PM EDT
i think these rails look good and are almost like the kac ras but alot cheaper. how is the quality? im thining about the, for my next buld
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm curious to hear feedback on these too.  I got of MI #18 on the way.  I've heard they're rather wide, about 2.4 inches.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
i just hope there solid cause i see them for a good price
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the one your talking about?

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=64

If so they are great, rock solid.......and I have one for sale, I had 2 and sold another to a member on the boards here

they are drop in so ready to go.....if interested I am selling for $100 shipped and it comes with black flat ladder rails.  Not usuing your thread as a selling ad, just hooking up members with a good deal.  The cheapest I have found them are $130 with no shipping included, and that doesnt include rail covers either.  

Shoot me an IM if you got questions.......you can also contact nynalidge he is who I sold one too....ask him what he thinks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the 17 on one of my rifles. They're not free-float so there is not going to be "no" wobble, but otherwise they are very sturdy. Good price for what you get if you don't need/want free float. I like mine and have no desire to change.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the feedback, just waiting for the right time to buy. have to alocate more funds, that have been used on other projects.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the MI rails.  I had some on a middy and they were solid and quality built.  If I had to mention one thing bad about them, it would be their size. I have smaller hands and they are large in diameter by themselves, let alone when you put rail covers on them.  If you use a VFG, this is not an issue.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
They're fairly sturdy for drop in rails, and they come in colors- I was glad to get my mitts on a OD green railed handguard for my green monster.  As said, my only complaint is the size- they are round profile, not a more oval shape like you'd see on higher end (and vastly more expensive) rails like the DD Omega.

I have zero problems recommending them for a quality rail system at a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#8]
i have the MCTAR-24 and its seems solid. its about on par with my 10inch Troy rail. The only things i like about the troy better is the lock up system seems a bit more robust than on the MI rail and the MI rail is a tad bit wide for my liking. But i dont regret the purchase, great value for the money i think.

ETA Opps, my bad. looks like you are talking about the drop in rails and not the free float ones.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I am comfortable with fairly large grips, but this may be a bit too wide for my liking.  I won't know until i use it.  Certainly will start with thinner ladder type rails and a vfg.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top