Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:01:36 PM EST
i think these rails look good and are almost like the kac ras but alot cheaper. how is the quality? im thining about the, for my next buld
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 6:12:18 PM EST by stpolaris]
I'm curious to hear feedback on these too. I got of MI #18 on the way. I've heard they're rather wide, about 2.4 inches.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:40:47 PM EST
i just hope there solid cause i see them for a good price
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:11:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 6:14:43 PM EST by survivorman]
Is this the one your talking about?

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=64

If so they are great, rock solid.......and I have one for sale, I had 2 and sold another to a member on the boards here

they are drop in so ready to go.....if interested I am selling for $100 shipped and it comes with black flat ladder rails. Not usuing your thread as a selling ad, just hooking up members with a good deal. The cheapest I have found them are $130 with no shipping included, and that doesnt include rail covers either.

Shoot me an IM if you got questions.......you can also contact nynalidge he is who I sold one too....ask him what he thinks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:42:47 AM EST
I've got the 17 on one of my rifles. They're not free-float so there is not going to be "no" wobble, but otherwise they are very sturdy. Good price for what you get if you don't need/want free float. I like mine and have no desire to change.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:41:42 AM EST
thanks for the feedback, just waiting for the right time to buy. have to alocate more funds, that have been used on other projects.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:57:45 AM EST
+1 for the MI rails. I had some on a middy and they were solid and quality built. If I had to mention one thing bad about them, it would be their size. I have smaller hands and they are large in diameter by themselves, let alone when you put rail covers on them. If you use a VFG, this is not an issue.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:52:02 AM EST
They're fairly sturdy for drop in rails, and they come in colors- I was glad to get my mitts on a OD green railed handguard for my green monster. As said, my only complaint is the size- they are round profile, not a more oval shape like you'd see on higher end (and vastly more expensive) rails like the DD Omega.

I have zero problems recommending them for a quality rail system at a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:22:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 7:23:33 AM EST by Guntoting_Spartan]
i have the MCTAR-24 and its seems solid. its about on par with my 10inch Troy rail. The only things i like about the troy better is the lock up system seems a bit more robust than on the MI rail and the MI rail is a tad bit wide for my liking. But i dont regret the purchase, great value for the money i think.

ETA Opps, my bad. looks like you are talking about the drop in rails and not the free float ones.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:29:45 AM EST
I am comfortable with fairly large grips, but this may be a bit too wide for my liking. I won't know until i use it. Certainly will start with thinner ladder type rails and a vfg.
Top Top