Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:07:39 PM EST
Will an old style scope work with that front sight base?

Logically it would seem that the front sight would get in the way. Would I have to buy a Varmint upper?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:31:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:24:18 PM EST
If your scope has a magnification of 4x or higher the FSB will not be visible as it will be in a different focal plane.

If length is the issue, as in overall length of the scope, you must have a really long scope.

If eye relief is an issue, as in you don't have enough, consider the LaRue mount or something similar that will push the optic further forward.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:03:55 PM EST
I put a 6.5-20x44 scope on a carbine with the front of the scope 2 inches behind the FSB..... You dont see it, now with a 3x scope you see a shadow
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:47:23 PM EST
Yep, you wont see your FSB.
I was wondering the same thing awhile back.

+1 on a riser rail that extends forward more...

I'm planning on getting a quick release extended rail...then loctite my scope/rings to it.
That way I can swap back and forth w/ the detach handle whenever I want, and not worry about loss of zero.

Here's where it's @ now...using high rise cheap rings and 3-9 simmons
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:39:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By SS109:

Logically it would seem that the front sight would get in the way. Would I have to buy a Varmint upper?

I've gotta ask, you've been here for over 5 years and have over 10k posts, how did you manage to never see any of the 1 or 2 posts a month asking this same question?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:37:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Originally Posted By SS109:

I've gotta ask, you've been here for over 5 years and have over 10k posts, how did you manage to never see any of the 1 or 2 posts a month asking this same question?

It never really concerned me. I always mounted my scope on the handle.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:59:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Use your search functions, he's a GD poster, here for the non-firearm retoric.

Seven pages of replys in the last 3 months, around 90% in GD.

Mike
Top Top