Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 6:17:39 PM EDT
Does anyone know where to buy a 3/6 M-4 elevation adjustment wheel, for the carrying handle?  Mine is the standard 3/8 M-16 A2 adjustment.  I've looked and can't seem to locate one.  Help me out here!!!

DG

OKC, OK
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The reason M4s have a 3/6 adjustment instead of the standard 3/8 is due to the removable carry handle.  A2s will have the full adjustment while the detachables won't.  This has nothing to do w/ the capability of the rifle itself, but because there's not enough "room" in the detachable carry handle to accomodate the longer adjustment cylinder.  The detachable carry handle must be "beefed up" on the bottom for strength, so that adds metal.  In turn, there's not enough room.
I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, but where do I get the elevation wheel?

DG
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a fixed or detachable carry handle?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a detachable handle, but I need the right wheel adjustment with the 3/6.

DG
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Brownells sells the parts.  

Are you sure it's an 8/3?  Does it elevate all the way to 8?  Do you know who made the handle?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks, but where do I get the elevation wheel?

DG
View Quote

Whoa Partner, the wheels are not interchangeable with the opposite elevation elements.  The carbine's whole unit has a much finer "acme" thread than the A2.
If you really got to put an 8/3 unit on a carbine, you got to mill a hole through the upper receiver so the botom of the elevation element has a place to go.  Not as big a deal as some think, as every A2 ever made has this hole.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I might also add I like the carbine (finer thread) rear sight in my now "only for civilian use A2."  If gives me finer adjustments at the under 500 ranges I shoot to now days.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top