Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2004 5:10:33 PM EST
Well, I got back from guard duty the other day, and I'm still signed for a rifle, namely an M-16A1. And I wonder, has this rifle (or lower, at least) been there and did it do that?

The serial number is 5193987, can that help?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:12:15 PM EST
Do what???
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:18:44 PM EST
I mean, ponomo, was this rifle in some historic engagement? Vietnam , Panama, or whatever?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:48:58 PM EST
My Deptartment has some surplus M16 with serial number in the 534XXXX range.... No offense but I don't think they have any real historical value. Colt had serial numbers all over place, as far as the range.

Maybe Vietnam....

Panama we had A2 rifles.....

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:01:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By MicroBalrog:
Well, I got back from guard duty the other day, and I'm still signed for a rifle, namely an M-16A1. And I wonder, has this rifle (or lower, at least) been there and did it do that?

The serial number is 5193987, can that help?

Hey, Chaver, your rifle IS being used in an historic engagement, RIGHT NOW.

And I, and the vast majority if the members on this site wish you, and all of Zahal, victory in your struggle.

Am Yisroel Chai, v'Dah'm Yisroel No'ke'am

(For you non Hebrew speakers: The People of Israel Live, and The Blood of Israel Will Be Avenged)

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:15:23 PM EST
I am not a combat soldier, here. Clerk. Doing guard duty protecting the classified hardware stored at my unit. Possible later qualification as instructor (in use of simulator systems), but not likely. So no, my rifle is not being used per se.
Top Top