Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:55:44 PM EDT
I AM PLANNING MY FIRST BUILD (PLANNING FOR ABOUT 3 MOS.) AND BELIEVE I HAVE JUST ABOUT GOT IT FIGURED OUT. THIS RIFLE IS JUST A "SEE IF I CAN DO IT PROJECT" AND HOW CHEAP I COULD GET BY WITH. I AM HUNG UP ON BARELL LENGTH, CANT DECIDE BETWEEN A "STANDARD" 20 IN. OR TO GO WITH A 24 IN. THIS RIFLE WOULD BE FOR TARGET SHOOTING AND POSSIBLY 'DOG BLASTING.

I ORDERED A STAG ARMS LOWER TODAY FROM TITLE 2 (HENRY) AND NEED TO ORDER THE PARTS KIT. I AM THINKING ABOUT M&A PARTS (THEY OFFER THE WILSON MATCH BARREL IN THEIR KIT) W/ 1 IN 9 IN. TWIST HVY BARREL, A2 CONFIG. MY GUTS TELL ME THE AR15 WAS DESIGNED FOR THE 20'' BARREL, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SAYS LONGER BARREL BETTER ACCURACY. ANY OPINIONS AND/OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
20"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:15:24 PM EDT
THANKS. DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON M&A PARTS AS FAR THE PARTS KIT BEING GOOD?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:58:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pedigo:

You will probably get a lot of people trashing them, and I'd bet that most of those people don't own one of their kits. Probably a lot of them have never even seen one in person. I've got one (pre-ban style 20" E2 with A2 style upper and stock), and I can't complain at all. Everything went together smoothly, quality seems good, and it shoots without problem and accurately. FWIW, I plan to buy another of their kits for my 2nd build (leaning towards a 16" mid length with A2 upper and CAR style stock). Should be pretty soon, I have my 80% receiver, jig, bit/tap kit and am just waiting on my Norell's and I need to buy a few more tools and I will be ready to finish my lower.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:21:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pedigo:

Just Remember the force young Jedi.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:23:12 AM EDT
You're in KY, why not go with the local boys at J&T/Doublestar? I've used several of their lowers & uppers and have zero complaints.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:43:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:44:56 PM EDT
WAS NOT AWARE OF THEM WILL CHECK THEM OUT. I DRIVE A TRUCK AND AM GONE 10-14 HOURS A DAY WHICH LIMITS MY TIME SEARCH EVERYTHING SINCE I WORK 6DAYS A WEEK. THANK FOR THE HEADS UP. THIS IS A SMALL BUDGET BUILD AND I WILL CHECK THEIR PRODUCT AND PRICES. THANKS AGAIN.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:59:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:02:33 PM EDT
J&T are good people. Also check out Bravo Company USA. Paul is good to go as well.

Max
Top Top