Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 4:13:52 PM EDT
Look what brown did for me today.  This showed up in record time.  90 round MWG mag (LE mag)
It fits in the RRA well and feels decent.  It won't take a huge beating but it's nice for the $

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ooooooooh I want one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Spoke to Ned at Mounts Plus ( mountsplus.com ) in Miami who is the manufacturer. He should have these ready for sale as soon as the ban expires. They make the 50 round 10-22 mags also.

Full-Auto

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Spoke to Ned at Mounts Plus ( mountsplus.com ) in Miami who is the manufacturer. He should have these ready for sale as soon as the ban expires. They make the 50 round 10-22 mags also.

Full-Auto

That's good, I just figured I'd beat the rush.   My 10/22 is over in the Armory 10/22 section with its 50 round mag
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Full-Auto

Price? Link?

I just sold my MGW mag last month for $250. But I wouldn't mind a 10/22 one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Full-Auto

Price? Link?

I just sold my MGW mag last month for $250. But I wouldn't mind a 10/22 one.

Here's the link to the Mounts Plus website magazine page. These are the LE mags. I assume the unmarked mags will be around the same price.

www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/CTGY/mags

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
don't know all the info on it, but at the recent gunshow..there was a vendor taking orders for a 100 rnd dual drum !!! they were preselling it for like $275..and i believe it was like $500 after the ban.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
don't know all the info on it, but at the recent gunshow..there was a vendor taking orders for a 100 rnd dual drum !!! they were preselling it for like $275..and i believe it was like $500 after the ban.

Probally the Beta-C Mag
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#9]
BEFORE the ban, the MWG was selling for $59.95.  The full kit had the drum, plus a black carry bag with shoulder strap, loading tool (T-handle), and a Thermold stripper clip guide.

Work pretty well, but they feel very unbalanced fully loaded.  The drum rests in the crook of your arm if you are shooting right handed.  If shooting left handed, difficult.

Something I did, I used a Sharpie pen to mark where the follower was for each 10 rounds.  Until the rounds disappeared into the feedwell you knew just about how many were left.

Traded it off at a gun show for a grocery bag of slightly used USGI 30's.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Won't they come down in price as more civilians can own them now?

How do they work?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I had 100% feeding with them.

You could not plug in a full mag on a closed bolt.

If you need a lot of ammo on the AR, such as your emergency home defence weapon, you could use a pair of PMI 40's (which work well, too) strapped together.  (Hint, don't strap mags one up/one down, that is asking for damaged feedlips on on the downward mag.  Use a spacer and strap side by side.)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Tonight, Tonight, won't be just any night........

I am going place my order for one tonight, and get one while I can.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I've had one of the pre-bans since back in the early-mid 90's. It seems to work just fine, but I hardly ever use it. It just feels too awkward. I could see where it might be a good thing to have if you wanted to bipod a heavy barrel AR and use it as a poor man's version of a SAW. Or if you just like to shoot a lot without reloading. But I'll stick to USGI 20's and 30's for everything else. They just meet my needs better.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]
the 50rd do they function ok?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Centerfire Systems has these, too. I was going to post a topic asking about them, but obviously I was beat to it.

Comparing this to a Beta-C, you get 10 less rounds, but it costs about half as much. Would it be worth it, or should I just go for a Beta instead?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Centerfire Systems has these, too. I was going to post a topic asking about them, but obviously I was beat to it.

Comparing this to a Beta-C, you get 10 less rounds, but it costs about half as much. Would it be worth it, or should I just go for a Beta instead?

Well the Beta-C can supposedly be stored indefinately while loaded to capacity, while supposedly other drums can't. It also does not extend nearly as far down as other drum designs making it optimal for prone shooting. I'm sure most people think it looks cooler too. I don't know if any of those things matter to you though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well the Beta-C can supposedly be stored indefinately while loaded to capacity, while supposedly other drums can't. It also does not extend nearly as far down as other drum designs making it optimal for prone shooting. I'm sure most people think it looks cooler too. I don't know if any of those things matter to you though.

Yes, some of them do.

The part about keeping them loaded, for instance. I like to keep enough rounds loaded in all my assorted mags to have a fairly determined firefight, if the need should ever arise. It would be nice to not have to start with one rifle, then switch to another, then another, then another, every hundred rounds or so.

Being able to use it while prone is a definate advantage in my line of thought, too. I usually shoot rifles from the prone position, unless I'm at a friends 'tactical' shoot or something.

Thanks Alien.

I'm thinking I might have to start getting one Beta-C a month or so for a while.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]
What I want to see is more AK drum conversions...

Esp back-loading style...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#21]
know what I want to see, the MWG drum come with a aluminum feed tower that will drop free from the magwell, and a black back cover on the drum that reflective clear crap sucks.  oh, and make the drum out of the same material the fiberlite stocks so it dosent scratch and get dinged up so easy.

Way to jack the price up $25.00 for civies, they were $99.00 for LEO. I wont be ordering any, they aint worth the money.

If they were back down to $50.00 I would think about it... but then I'd still have to get out a can of spray paint, 20rd mag, and a dremel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I got all excited thinking it would be a combat-ready drum.  I was horrified to see the cheap plastic construction.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#23]
For half the price of a Beta C Mag and am in,
Just ordered one, Will let you know when I get it in 2-3 weeks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just letting you all know that the new Retail Price  for the MWG 90 ROUNDER wil be $124.00

www.mountsplus.com/miva/graphics/00000001/90rndAR.gif

Before the ban sunsetted, they were selling for $99 to LEO.  I was a little dissapointed they raised their price when I check back on the 13th.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just letting you all know that the new Retail Price  for the MWG 90 ROUNDER wil be $124.00

Before the ban sunsetted, they were selling for $99 to LEO.  I was a little dissapointed they raised their price when I check back on the 13th.

I don't know if this case could be considered as such, but many companies give LEO/military discounts as a thank you for their service. Oakley gives a 50% on many of their products to LEO/Military for example.

On an unrelated note, they do look like they would suck for a right handed person with or maybe even without a verticle foregrip. I'd personally rather have the Beta C-Mag, but if you're on a budget, I guess this one is good. I'll get a C-Mag here in the near future after I put the finishing touches on my AR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know if this case could be considered as such, but many companies give LEO/military discounts as a thank you for their service. Oakley gives a 50% on many of their products to LEO/Military for example.

On an unrelated note, they do look like they would suck for a right handed person with or maybe even without a verticle foregrip. I'd personally rather have the Beta C-Mag, but if you're on a budget, I guess this one is good. I'll get a C-Mag here in the near future after I put the finishing touches on my AR.

yeah there is no good way to get your arm around it without a vertical grip.  Also I think 90 rounds wound go everywhere if it ejected onto the pavement.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top