[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 3:51:11 PM EST by crackedcornish]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SP1COLT:
Looks like it was refinished, proof marks are not very crisp
View Quote

+1

either refinished or perhaps painted?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:06:40 PM EST
I went and checked again, and added in some additional comments below the description.

Reserve isn't hit yet, so there's no commitment, and I'd just as soon keep it to tell the truth. It'd go better on my E1 than the SAK I've got on it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:39:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By MarkRSims:
I went and checked again, and added in some additional comments below the description.

Reserve isn't hit yet, so there's no commitment, and I'd just as soon keep it to tell the truth. It'd go better on my E1 than the SAK I've got on it.
View Quote

Mark, it's always nice to find sellers who are straightforward about what they're selling. Admitting that you couldn't guarantee it one way or the other is as honest as anyone could have asked for.
Nice barrel, either way!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:46:53 PM EST
Well, after a couple of really frisky, improper e-mails from someone that didn't know their behind from a hole in the ground about AR's, I pulled both of my GB listings. Too doggone much drama for me.

I'll put that gun back together and try to move some of my C&R guns. Anyone interested in a pile of .38 S&W lemon squeezers?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:51:04 PM EST
Well, after a couple of really frisky, improper e-mails from someone that didn't know their behind from a hole in the ground about AR's, I pulled both of my GB listings. Too doggone much drama for me.

I'll put that gun back together and try to move some of my C&R guns. Anyone interested in a pile of .38 S&W lemon squeezers?

View Quote

haters gonna hate. don't let the idiots get to you. there are some folks you can't just please. luckily i've only had to deal with a few of them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:57:31 PM EST

View Quote

Bummer. Usually the retro guys aren't jerks. You might have better luck in the EE.

I hope me starting this thread didn't cause you any problems.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:10:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By boywonder777:

haters gonna hate. don't let the idiots get to you. there are some folks you can't just please. luckily i've only had to deal with a few of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This... Sorry it didn't work out Mark. It can be very frustrating dealing with some folks... The only reason I keep doing it is because of the really good ones I still meet. That and the fact I'm completely ate up with RBRD
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:52:00 AM EST

View Quote

Have any BSA, LongBranch, or Lithgow No.I Mk III Enfields, Fin M39's with Tiger Striped Stocks, or 1917 Eddys?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:10:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2015 9:36:56 AM EST by MarkRSims]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

View All Quotes

Definitely not. This (these) moron(s) came from outside... Well,.. maybe...

Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

Have any BSA, LongBranch, or Lithgow No.I Mk III Enfields, Fin M39's with Tiger Striped Stocks, or 1917 Eddys?

I really couldn't comment here in a tech forum...

I may do some re-thinking here. Pawn Stars and American Pickers sure has changed the way people look at other peoples stuff.

Now for the tech part of the discussion:

Early bend gas tubes: Magnetic or not? I remember some discussion earlier about this, but couldn't whether some were, or none were.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:06:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2015 10:08:09 AM EST by Stoner25mkiv]

I may do some re-thinking here. Pawn Stars and American Pickers sure has changed the way people look at other peoples stuff.

Early bend gas tubes: Magnetic or not? I remember some discussion earlier about this, but couldn't whether some were, or none were.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

Early bend gas tubes ARE/CAN BE magnetic (carbon steel). I can't say for sure though, if later "early tubes" might have been stainless. So, said another way.......if you have one that is carbon steel (magnetic) it is early. If it's stainless and non magnetic then you wouldn't know positively.
.............waiting for m1sniper to clarify about possible stainless early bends. (he's the man in my book for guidance on early tubes).......Boywonder777 too.
Reproductions can cloud the database of knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:13:11 AM EST
Thanks Stoner. This one came with a 602 upper I used to have, so it's pretty definitely later. I put a magnet to it the other day and it didn't attract.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:32:11 PM EST
carbon steel was earlier and by the numbers, the more common one since it was used for a longer period. stainless was later and used for a shorter period of time.

my experience was that stainless is a lot easier to find even though it was used for a shorter period of time. when i asked as to why that is, i got 2 answers. 1 is that the carbon steel was more prone to corrosion so replacement of it would have been more common meaning a lot of them didn't survive and another was that a lot of those early rifles never made their way home into collector hands.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:27:05 PM EST
A carbon steel tube would be more correct for my early 602, but I just have a mental block about spending $150 on a gas tube.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:47:49 PM EST
A carbon steel tube would be more correct for my early 602, but I just have a mental block about spending $150 on a gas tube.
View Quote

when you have everything else correct on it, then it will bother you.

at least that's how rbrd affected me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:52:23 PM EST

View All Quotes

All I'm missing is a dimpled mag catch.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:56:58 PM EST

View All Quotes

you try machinehead? i picked up a few from him not too long ago.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:14:18 PM EST
just goes to show how observant I was when originally looking at the auction....I didn't even realize it was Marks

but when I take this new prescription cough syrup I've been on the last couple of days I get all
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:39:02 PM EST

View All Quotes

Thanks
Top Top